14.) Revelation

Dorian's POV

Dorian's POV

I swallowed my pride and wore the robe that was rather comfortable. As I was walking into the living room I could hear Flora and her mother talking frantically.

"You're pregnant?! Why didn't you tell me?! Why don't you talk to me anymore?" Her mother's voice was obviously hurt.

Once I walked in, they ceased their talking while looking at me. "Hi, I'm Dorian. I'm the father if that's what you're wondering."

"Hi," she answered back. "So are you two a couple?" She asked us giving weary glances.

Flora scratched her head. "We're still working on that."

"Obviously from what I just saw."

"Mom, seriously?"

Flora's mother put a hand to her mouth as she gazed at Flora's stomach. "I can't believe my baby is having her own, baby."

"Well believe it," Flora nervously chuckled. Flora looked at me then gestured to her mother, "Well Dorian this is my mother, Jenna."

He extended his hand and gave his best smile. "It's a pleasure even though this is not how I wanted to formally meet you."

"Same here, if only I had a clue who you were before today." Jenna gave her daughter a look that told me that she wasn't happy with Flora's discreetness. "We have to tell your father."

Jenna went into her purse and pulled out her cellphone already dialing her husband's number despite Flora's nervousness.

"Shouldn't I tell him, mom?"

Jenna dismissed Flora with a flick of her hand. "It's ringing." She stepped out and started to converse over the phone.

Flora laid her head on my chest groaning. "This is why I didn't tell her right away. I knew she was going to make a big deal out of it."

"She's just excited that's all. Just like I am. It's good that you have parents that love you and want to help you."

She pushed herself off me and grabbed my hands. "What about your parents?"

"That's a story for another day."

She looked like she wanted to press the matter but decided not to after all. Jenna came back in the room all smiles as she handed her cell phone to Flora.

Flora took a deep breath, grabbing the phone.

Jenna sat down at the table and had a cup of hot tea in her hands scrutinizing me. "So tell me why my daughter has been hiding you?"

"I think she was scared at first when she found out about her pregnancy, but I can't answer why she didn't tell you."

Jenna sighed setting down her tea. "Truthfully, we were really close but ever since my son Aiden started getting into drugs, it hasn't been the same. We tried to help him but he kept pushing us away so we finally just stopped and Flora got mad at us. She loves her brother, so the thought of her starting a family with him not in it probably hurts her."

"Does he still live in the area?"

"As far as I know yeah. He usually keeps close to other people that do that stuff."

Flora came back in the kitchen with teary eyes then handed her mother her phone back.

"What'd he say?"

"He said he's happy for me and that he wished Aiden was here." She wiped a few tears away. I put my arms around her to help calm her. She relaxed into my arms thanking me.

I held her face in my hands looking her over. "Are you going to be okay if I leave, so you can spend time with your mom?"

"Yeah, I'll call if I need you."

I kissed her cheek then went to the living room to collect my clothes that were still sprawled all over. I changed in the bathroom and smiled when I heard Jenna talking about how nice my butt was making Flora laugh.

I looked in the kitchen one last time. Flora had a family that loved her and when I leave with the baby, I know they'll be devastated. This only made my predicament even harder knowing that they were already missing a member of their family that still affected them.

I closed the door knowing that one day I'll just have to leave with my son. Flora wouldn't be able to handle a lycan pup if she survived the pregnancy.

Flora was onto her second month and two weeks into the pregnancy. I was ecstatic, to say the least. The baby had a better chance of living but not many have lived past the first month so my little guy had a good chance of surviving the rest of the way.

Five of the wolves emerged in front of the pack house once I came into view. They bowed their heads in respect and awaited the news I'd tell them.

"Call my brothers and tell them that one of mine is passed the first stage." I felt that it's important to let the guys know that we at least have one that's been successfully inseminated. The news will at least uplift their spirits since I've heard nothing from them which meant that they hadn't had the outcome like me.

The wolves nodded back, all of them congratulated me. "We'll celebrate today and keep track on Flora's progress."

"I'll need to speak to your alpha."

"Of course."

I waited outside looking all around me at the families eating outside and enjoying their day. Something I now longed for with my son. I wanted to provide for him and be able to take over as the mother and father role in one.

The hardest part would be to answer him if he ever questions what happened to his mother. I don't know if I'd lie to him or tell him the truth and make him hate me for it.

"There something you need?" The alpha asked.

"You have patrols out in the streets don't you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm going to need you to find an Aiden Moules, he's Flora's brother."

"It shouldn't be a problem."

We both shook hands in agreement. My mission is to bring Flora's brother back so at least she'd have someone she loved back.

I was only feeling slightly guilty that I was only trying to find Aiden to replace the memory of my son for Flora. That'd be my way to somewhat right things in all of this that's to come.