16.) The Truth

Flora's POV

Flora's POV

"Don't be afraid." He said holding his hands up.

"How?" I asked with wide eyes shaking my head while looking at the blood on him. He was stark naked trying to settle me when all I can think about is how this all could be possible. They're just supposed to be stories, not actually be true. This defies everything I've ever known.

"I've been able to transform myself since I was young. It was passed on to me."

I put my hand on my stomach. "Does that mean..."

"Our baby will be just like me."

"Is that why this pregnancy has been so weird?"

"Yes. Our baby will be bigger than normal babies and may even be hard to you as my son continues to grow."

"Son? You believe it's a boy?"I asked bewildered. How is he able to tell?

"I know it's a boy. The girls aren't strong enough to survive like the boys."

"What if it is though?"

"Flora quit trying to argue with me. I know what I'm talking about." He made a move to touch me but I pulled away.

"Tell me what you are and why the hell is this happening." I put some distance between us. There was no way I would let him near me without knowing what the hell is going on.

"I'm a lycan and that thing that tried to attack you was a half-shifter. They're the ones that've been bitten but don't become a werewolf due to not taking the bite."

I was trying to process all of this information in my mind without freaking out. Then a sudden thought came to my mind. "The two times we hooked up, was that by coincidence or were you seeking me out?"

"I followed your scent because I need an heir to keep my species alive. Any woman would fit that category perfectly." He said with a straight face.

"So you used me as one of your breeders?" I asked in disgust.

"You mean more than just that. Flora, you're the first woman I was with when I woke. You're the first to be pregnant with my child, I'm grateful to you for that."

"Grateful. I'm basically a pawn in your little game to see how many women you can knock up!"

"The necessity to continue my bloodline is vital, something humans can't understand unless you're put in the situation yourselves. I wouldn't expect you to understand." He said calmly.

"So what happens now, do you go off in the middle of the night to try and knock up women then come back here expecting me to be okay with that?! I slept with you three times Dorian! And to know you were with other women sickens me!"

"I haven't been with any other women since I found out that you were pregnant."

"So you already knew when I went to your work and told you."

"Yes."

"So it was all for show, and I was the joke."

"There was no possible way I could've told you what I am. You would've thought I was crazy and keep me away from our baby."

"What's to say I keep you away from now on?"

"That would be a grave mistake." In one stride he held my bump in both his hands. "Don't keep me away from something I longed for. More half-shifters will come sensing the power off of our child already. Let me protect you and our baby."

"Do I really have a choice?"

"No."

"Then stay."

Dorian tried to lift the hem of my shirt but I held my breath holding his hands. I had my eyes closed, trying to settle my breathing.

"I won't hurt you. I have full control of when and where I change." Dorian brushed his thumb over the blood on my cheek that ended up smearing by the way I felt it move. "How about you take a shower while I clean this mess up?"

I tried to look at the wolf's body but he turned me around and led me to my room to take a shower. He went to my dresser and brought out some fluffy pajamas with a pair of underwear.

"When you're done, stay in here until I say so." When I didn't answer he tilted my head to look at him. "Hey, stay with me. Talk to me."

In the heat of the moment, I for some reason stared at his lips then kissed him. I pulled away before he could pull me into him. "Despite what happened. Thank you."

"Of course."

My eyes trailed down to his lower half. His above average part of his anatomy. "You know you're still naked."

He chuckled at this. "Well, I didn't exactly have time to put on clothes trying to calm you down. That broom could've seriously hurt me. Splinters suck." He mocked.

"I didn't know what else to use."

We both laughed the first time that night. The tension easing. I looked down at my body lifting my shirt up to expose my rounded tummy. "This won't be a normal pregnancy, will it?"

"No. The first month is usually to see if the pup will survive. The rest of the months will be harder on your body though. As long as I'm around, I can usually calm you and the baby."

"What else do I need to know."

"Take your shower and I'll tell you after." He bent down and kissed my stomach then kissed my cheek.

Dorian's POV

As soon as I cleaned the mess in the living room and burned the half-shifter's body, I answered all of Flora's questions. She seemed to take it well but she started to get tired so she fell asleep.

I walked outside knowing the nearby pack was here.

"I told her about us."

"How'd she take it?" He asked, curious how a human could take such news.

"Honestly, better than I thought. She wasn't happy that she was a pawn in my game."

"As expected."

"I had to tell her. A half-shifter was going after her. After this, we're going to need wolves guarding her house."

"I don't think that'll be necessary."

"What?!" I asked becoming irritated that he would refuse.

"Your brothers are coming."

"Already?"

"Yes. Once we heard about the shifter, we contacted the rest of the lycans. They immediately left their native countries and are headed here to protect the woman that'll ensure their future. There's no way they'd pass up this opportunity to guard the unborn pup that nestles in his mother's womb."

I gestured to Flora's house with the tilt of my head. "What about her house? She can't stay here. It's too close to the human population. The half-shifters will expose themselves if we stay."

"I got you covered. One of my pack members is in the real estate business, she already bought a place. It's isolated but all the wolves and the other lycans will be able to roam freely to protect her at any given moment."

"She'll be protected at all times when I'm not there?"

"Boss, a fly won't be able to go near her when we're there."

"That's what I like to hear."