8.) Life

Dorian's POV

Dorian's POV

Within the past week, I've been seeking wombs to fill with my seed. The women would satisfy me but my sexual appetite but I was not completely relieved. Most of them wanted me to wear protection but as soon as I seduced them they blanked and enjoyed the sensations I was making them feel.

Currently, I was lurking in the shadows following them for days to see if I could sense a change in their bodies. The wolves also tracked them but had no such luck once they did. So far, none were experiencing the symptoms or smell yet.

Though I still had my doubts that none of the women would be pregnant. The werewolves would usually try to reassure me. Sometimes I felt like they believed in me more than I did. I had checked on all the woman I had slept with except for one.

Flora, I hadn't seen her since she left the cabin. On my way to check on her, a sense of doubt overcame me. It was already hard for a lycan to impregnate, nearly impossible. How can my species survive when fate clearly didn't want us to?

The scent I was smelling for came on strong. Flora naturally gave off a stronger scent than the rest because I bedded her twice, growing used to her alluring scent. She was outside conversing with a friend. So, I eavesdropped on their conversation.

"You never did tell me what happened when you left with that stud last week." Her friend asked.

"Why exactly would I tell you what happened?"

"Did you finally put that bed to use?" The woman's face flushed at this. "Oh my God, you did the nasty with that man!"

Flora was trying to shush the woman while looking around embarrassed. "A one night stand you had an actual one ni-" She covered her mouth and shook her head.

"I really don't feel like talking about it so can we drop it. It's not like I'll be seeing him again." She paused then bit her lip. "Well, actually we did see each other again."

Her friend hit her arm, urging for more. "Well, was it awkward? What'd you guys say?"

My eyes zeroed in on her friend's hand. Even though it was a painless hit, I couldn't help but become irritated with the woman.

"We kind of slept together, again." She sighed contented almost reliving the moment in her mind. "It was the most exhilarating thing I've ever done in my life."

Her friend's eyes widened as if she couldn't believe what Flora was saying. "You guys used protection right?"

Flora looked up for a moment trying to regather herself. "I think so."

"You think so or you know so?" Her friend inquired.

"I don't remember, we were in the moment."

"Flora, this isn't funny. What if you become pregnant with this strangers baby?"

"Dorian." I perked up at the sound of my name coming out of her lips. The way she said it made me shiver. "His name is Dorian and I highly doubt anything will happen."

"How are you so calm about this?"

"I don't know. I guess because I believe that everything will work out. "

"Is it just that or is it just an excuse to reassure yourself? You should probably take some pregnancy tests."

"No, there's no way. Why are we even on this subject."

After that, they exchanged hugs and Flora waved to her friend as she drove down the street. She had let out a sigh then went into the backyard with a book. A hammock was already set where she began to settle herself there.

I was going to leave but there was an urge within me to stay put and watch this woman. All sense of time seemed to fade as I watched the young beauty flutter her eyes then fell asleep with her book on her stomach. It was a risk but I walked up to her.

Stroking her hair and tracing her lips. She looked so peaceful just as the day I left her after our...intimate encounter. A sudden noise made my hand freeze. It was faint but could still be heard in total silence and concentration.

I placed my hand over her heart to see if I was just hearing her heartbeat but the noise still continued even through hers. It was all about the movement of where my hand was placed. I gently moved the book then hesitantly put my hand on her stomach and heard the source of the noise.

It was a baby's heartbeat. My baby. It was unbelievable. Here in this woman's belly is my baby. Though it is still too early to tell if the baby will make it or not. The only good sign is the baby's heart is still going strong. I wasn't even sure that Flora carrying my child knew. She probably wasn't even showing symptoms yet.

The disbelief on my face was evidence enough that I've never felt this way before in all my years of living. I couldn't help the emotions that overcame me. My eyes watered and a nervous chuckle escaped my lips. The heartbeat was coming on strong.

A human baby would take longer to form while a half-breed would form themselves faster in their mother's womb. I didn't know how to feel. The smile on my face showed I was happy but my mind doubted.

How long would my baby live? Will they even make it? I didn't want to get my hopes up and the baby doesn't make it. Flora is the first to ever carry my own blood.

Many lycan would be ecstatic but would continue to breed other women, then they'd eventually hear the news of their unborn child. Maybe that was the problem. Years ago I promised myself that the mother of my child would be protected by me.

I would make sure she'd be safe and see through that my child makes it. So I'll keep that promise. She started to stir. I waited until she laid still then I gently picked her up and carried Flora into her home.

The night would be a cold one. Flora moaned in her sleep reminding me of us together to conceive our little one. I kissed her stomach then made sure all the doors and windows were locked.

I checked on her one last time and pushed her shirt up. There was no noticeable bump yet but we would see it soon enough. I caressed her delicate skin one last time then locked myself out and transformed into my beast.

Once I opened my eyes everything was as clear as it would be on any bright sunny day, only it was night time. To a human it would be pitch black, leaving them vulnerable. Tonight I would patrol Flora's land making sure nothing comes near the house, not even an animal of any kind.

The beast wanted to protect his offspring even if it cost lives, human lives.