27.) Threat

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"Flora, baby wake up. We have to leave."

"I don't trust you," she said looking into his eyes. It had been merely four hours since they were in the same room. They didn't discuss what happened yet. Dorian gave her the space she needed until he sensed danger near. "I'm tired of crying over you."

"I know you're still mad at me, but we need to leave now." He pushed the blankets off of her carrying her downstairs where the girls and the guys were looking outside.

"What's going on?" Flora asked becoming a little apprehensive. She had never seen them all look so tense.

"The half-shifters are here and in numbers this time." Dorian was stuffing food into a bag then tossed it to Marcus.

"I've never seen so many before," they heard Anna whisper.

Flora walked to the window and looked outside to see the ugly half-shifters by the trees just before they go out into the open. They were all crowded in one specific area. They were facing their way but not moving towards their position.

"Why aren't they attacking?" Dorian put his hands on her waist pulling her away from the window.

"I don't know. Maybe they sense five lycans in here."

He saw movement out of his peripheral vision and looked through the blinds again. There was only one half-shifter running towards the house. Dorian looked at the others making sure they were seeing what he saw.

"They're testing us."

Magnus opened the door and closed it behind him. He shifted, his clothes ripped as his inner beast obliterated his once smooth skin. His snout elongated and his teeth looked deadly. He stood huffing in front of the house waiting for the half-shifter.

When the half-shifter stopped, that was when Magnus advanced walking on two legs making him look more menacing. The half-shifter circled him snarling then finally lunged. In mid-air, Magnus struck the ugly wolf with one strike of his claws. Its body flew in the air all the way to where the other half-shifters stood.

The others looked at their own kind, dead with claw marks drawing blood profusely. They snarled and started to run after Magnus, who seemed unfazed by the amount of wolves charging at him.

Marcus handed Axel the bag full of food and clothes and ran outside with Roman right behind him to help out Magnus.

"Axel, both of you get Flora and the girls out of here." Dorian tossed them the car keys and ushered Flora out of the house. "Take them to my cabin."

Flora turned to him quickly, "what about you?"

"The nearby packs are nearly here. All the half-shifters were going through their territory just to get here."