15.) Protector

Flora's POV

Flora's POV

I was at my new job at the grocery store stocking up on the food while thinking about Dorian. I had been mad when he told my boss at Hooters that he knocked me up and didn't want me to work there anymore.

He put it bluntly, to say the least. I was mad because I wanted to do it myself but then I really couldn't be mad at him since it had to be done eventually. There was no way I could walk around in short shorts and a tight tank top with a big rounded tummy.

Of course, he did this once I started to look bigger. When he told me he had done that, he had his hand in my panties with his long fingers stroking me. I wasn't mad then, but at the time I couldn't think straight when I was arching my back, coming off of the high I was feeling.

We settled the discussion that ended up working out when I found this new job. I put the last box of cereal in place then clocked out. It was already late at night when I got home.

I got out of the car feeling something unsettling me. I felt like I was being watched. Everything was quiet.

I went inside quickly while locking the door. Outside the door, I could hear something walking up to the door making a guttural sound. It sounded like an animal that perhaps lost its way. I could hear it sniffing the door.

There was a light scratch then the sound stopped. I stared at the door scared out of my mind. All of a sudden a loud bang shook the door resonating throughout the small house. The door shook and banged loudly with whatever was outside.

In a panic, I pushed the nearby couch in front of the door. It was hard so I pushed my back against it. I got away from the door wondering what I would do.

I frantically took out my phone dialing Dorian's number. The line was ringing but he wasn't picking up.

"Dorian, please pick up, please pick up." It went straight to voicemail. "Damnit, Dorian! Right when I need you!" I yelled into the phone as if he could hear me.

The scratches intensified. The couch wouldn't hold for long if it really was what I was thinking. Perhaps a large animal by the sounds I was hearing.

Just then the thing outside punched a hole through the top of the door. I hid in the closet with the kitchen knife in my hand. I started to search all the boxes and junk that was in here that I never got to clean out. In my panic state, some dropped on the floor.

There laid some firecrackers. Oh, thank the heavens. I snatched them up and searched for a lighter or match I might've left. To my delight, there was one underneath old papers though it was low.

I opened the closet door seeing that thing still trying to get in by chipping away the wood from the door piece by piece.

Its face was clear now, well what was left of a mangled of what you would call a face. It was covered in hair with a disfigured face that protruded out. Its teeth went through the upper lip and it's cheek looked like it had been cut in a joker like smile showing the flesh.

This whole night was turning into a nightmare. I rolled my thumb over the lighter many times. I was sure my thumb was bleeding when it finally lit.

I brought the firecracker string to the light then threw it through the hole that the creature was gnawing on. I covered my ears and hid back in the closet hearing them go off.

I heard that thing make a noise I've never heard before. Then it was dead silent after that. I drew the knife up unsure if it went away or was lurking nearby.

There was a noise, a thumping sound to be exact. Growing closer and closer. I tightened my hold on the knife. Its ugly head went through the puny closet door trying to bite me.

Its head was thrashing everywhere getting its thick drool on me. I grabbed it's hair on its head to hold it in place then stabbed it in the eye making it more angry than hurt.

I had a feeling that the firecrackers caused more harm than good masking it to become more agitated than what it really was.

The door was about to give any second though the need to protect my baby was still in mind. I drew my knees upright when it completely went through the door falling on me.

It gave distance between me and the creature. Though my strength and stamina to push it away were fading, this thing seemed to be full of energy.

Before I could think of the negative possibilities the weight was off me. There crouched in front of me was a freaking werewolf with its back to me while the creature stood opposite of us growling back.

I had a better look at the creature that tried attacking me. It was crouched down on the floor covered in thin hair but you can still see it's skin underneath. Its ribs were visible as it moved eerily crawling on the floor.

The creature was the first to slash at the werewolf. Then the wolf stood up on two legs, me being on the floor made it look huge. It was frightening and intimidating.

There was no way me and my baby would make it. I am no match for the thing in front. The werewolf picked the creature up from its neck as it started thrashing about.

Then it ripped its head clean off with its claws making blood squirt out where it's head used to be. The blood splattered on my face and shirt.

I looked around the room to see if there was anything I could use to defend myself. I wouldn't make it running, all there was left is to go out fighting like a champ. The kitchen had a broom. Better than nothing.

I crawled over and picked it up and snapped it in half which hurt my thigh. It gave me a pointed edge like I wanted it to. As the werewolf started to turn around I charged at it but it grabbed the broom.

Everything stopped. The werewolf didn't tear the broom away from me or kill me. We simply stood there holding a broom between us. I was waiting for my impending doom but it never came and it never blinked.

My heart was racing as I stared at the tall build of the werewolf. This thing was just supposed to be some sort of cryptid.

It made a noise, not a threatening one but one that got your attention. I held its colorless pale eyes and started to see the hair on its body retract. The claws turned into small normal nails. Its eyes started to regain its pupil while the iris turned into familiar grey eyes.

It's height started to shrink. Its face and body were cracking as it contorted into a familiar human form. "Dorian." I gasped dropping the useless broom and covering my mouth.

He dropped the broom coming towards me slowly. I wanted to run but I was frozen, stuck in place.