three

tyler slept a lot. even when he was with josh, he would sometimes find himself growing sleepy, so the redhead would let him take a nap. sleep wasn't just sleep anymore, it was an escape.

tyler would come home from school and instantly fall asleep. everything exhausted his weak body. he hardly ate anymore. mainly alcohol sat in his fridge along with food that was only for his dad. he'd made that clear when he beat tyler for eating a granola bar. tyler didn't think he needed food anyway.

it was sunday morning and josh had texted tyler inviting him over. tyler was more than happy to agree. even better, his dad was nowhere to be found.

after the short walk to his friend's house, they sat in josh's room playing mario kart.

"fuck! you're a cheater!" josh whined, throwing his controller down as tyler won again.

"am not, you should just learn how to play better."

"you should just learn how to play better," josh mocked him, making the boys laugh.

josh's laugh was beautiful. his perfect teeth and crinkled eyes melted tyler's heart. he actually felt happy when he was with josh. it used to be a foreign feeling, but tyler was starting to grow used to it since he spent so much time with the redhead.

"you hungry?" josh asked when tyler's stomach grumbled.

tyler shook his head even though he was. his stomach was screaming for him to eat something, but tyler knew he was fine without it. he'd survive.

"you sure, ty? you could use some extra meat on those bones..."

tyler frowned. josh didn't like how skinny he was? but all the pictures of the girls he showed tyler were beautifully skinny...

"am i too skinny?" he asked quietly.

"you just look unhealthy."

"i guess i could go for an apple or something..."

"how about a pizza?" josh grinned.

"um, sure, that works too."