ten

tyler was home late.

his dad was angry.

tyler took a beating that night.

tyler didn't go to school the next day.

or the day after.

josh was getting worried. he told debby, but she blew it off. she hated when he talked about tyler.

josh didn't understand. tyler was his best friend, why didn't debby like him? she always called him mean things like a freak and a psycho. josh hated when she did that, but never told her it bothered him.

josh did care about tyler, really. he didn't know things were so bad with the poor boy. he wanted to be there with him at all times, but he couldn't. he didn't want to meet tyler's father. and he spent most of his time with debby anyway.

he basically ignored the fact that his best friend really needed help. once debby came along, he quickly fell in what he thought was love, becoming blind to everything else.

josh was blind to the fact that debby was slowly trying to cut tyler out of his life.

"deb, i think i should call tyler..."

"why?" she snapped, turning her attention from her phone over to josh.

"what if something happened to him?"

"he's fine, josh, stop worrying about him. he can protect himself."

josh nodded even though he knew it wasn't true. tyler was too weak. josh didn't understand why the boy never ate. he was deteriorating. however, josh just agreed with debby like always. he loved her too much to realize what was going on.

josh finally called tyler when debby left later that night.

"hello?" tyler's voice croaked, as if he hadn't used it in days.

josh instantly knew something was wrong.

"where have you been?" he asked quietly.

"home. i'm sick."

"ty..."

"i am," the boy lied.

"i miss you."

"you miss me?" tyler questioned, getting the floaty feeling in his stomach because why would josh miss him?

"can you come over?"

"um, no. sorry."

"why not?"

"i just can't..."

"want me to come pick you up?"

"no! please don't... i'll come over tomorrow okay? i need to sleep."

"you always sleep..."

"i'm always tired."

"i'm worried about you, ty."

"well stop," tyler suddenly snapped.

"w-what...?"

"i'm sorry i didn't mean that..."

"i'll see you tomorrow, ty... i'm gonna go to bed. night."

"night josh, i lo-"

josh hung up.

tyler cried.

__a/n__

a little of josh's pov to get some more insight on what's going on with him

this story breaks my heart