sixteen

(start the song, i promise it makes this chapter a whole lot better)

one month.

all it took was one month.

one fucking month.

one month for tyler to be completely cut from josh's life.

josh no longer talked to tyler. he never looked at the boy. he acted as if tyler didn't even exist.

tyler knew josh had blocked his number. he knew josh was making debby happy. he understood why josh had been acting so strange.

he was getting ready to say goodbye to tyler.

he was trying to tell the brunette that he could still come to him no matter what happened. but tyler didn't want to. why would he? josh obviously didn't care about him.

and tyler?

he'd never felt so broken.

he needed josh like the earth needs the sun to see another day. the earth can't live without the sun. tyler didn't want to live without josh.

falling in love with josh was awfully simple, but trying to fall out of love was simply awful. it was as if josh wrote his name on tyler's heart in permanent marker but only let tyler write on his in pencil.

tyler couldn't let go of him, because at one point, he was the only thing that made tyler happy. he knew he needed to, but he couldn't because he was still hoping that josh would come back. but deep down he knew it wasn't going to happen.

it was hard for him to come to terms with the fact that this could be the end of them forever. he had no clue what to do without josh.

tyler could not believe josh. he learned all of the brunette's secrets, scars, bruises, flaws... and then he left. that's maybe the saddest thing about betrayal. it never comes from your enemies. he felt so unimportant to the only person that was important to him.

how could he say goodbye to the only person that was important to him?

he wondered how it was so easy for josh, but sadly realized it was so easy because tyler was never a priority in his life. he was always just there, josh's responsibility, the only one to take care of him. josh knew that. he did it out of pity. right? that's sure what it seemed like.

tyler couldn't even work up the energy to get himself out of bed in the morning. he didn't care when his dad screamed at him. he didn't care when his dad hurt him.

he knew he deserved it. he didn't have anybody to blame for all of this except himself.

he didn't care when his stomach pains grew worse. he didn't care that he had food from josh sitting under his bed.

he stopped caring about himself.

tyler had endured a great deal of pain before, but never like this. not without josh. the demons were back and stronger than ever. they were looking to win, and tyler was considering letting them.

the sun would still rise. the earth would still spin. josh would still have debby. his dad would get what he finally wanted. so why not?

oh god, tyler was going insane.

he was growing scared of himself, realizing just what he was capable of. he needed to get away. fast.

he got out of his bed for the first time in days. he scrambled around his room, throwing clothes, food in case he really needed it, and money into his backpack. he threw in a few blades, figuring he would need them. and as much as he didn't want to, he couldn't help but stuff a picture of josh inside.

he felt so pathetic, but he had to do it. he already missed josh.

tyler's weak legs guided him out of his house. his aching bones carried him all the way into town where he waited for a bus. it was mid-november, almost tyler's birthday, so he shivered as he waited in only a hoodie and jeans.

tyler figured he would be spending his birthday alone this year, if he lived long enough to see it.