eleven

tyler woke up early saturday morning. he lifted himself out of bed, body aching. he stumbled over to his mirror, examining the new bruises his father gave him. tyler hadn't been out of bed since the incident.

his hand trembled as he ran it over the bruise in the shape of finger prints on his arm. he had a fresh black eye that was swollen almost completely shut. he slid on a clean yellow hoodie over his aching bones. he was starving. he couldn't wait to eat at josh's.

tyler walked through the rain, hood up to protect himself from getting totally soaked. he entered josh's house, slipping off his wet shoes.

"oh, tyler, what are you doing here?" mrs. dun asked in a polite voice.

"josh wanted me to come over."

"oh, that's a bit odd... well, he's up in his room."

"odd?" tyler frowned.

"yes, he has other company over. but if he wanted you over, go on up."

tyler's heart dropped. he knew it was debby, but he didn't want to believe it. so he slowly lifted his legs to carry him up the stairs despite how much it burned. he carried himself to josh's room, slowly pushing the door open.

tyler froze.

josh was naked. debby was between his legs. tyler's mouth fell open. he saw josh naked.

"fuck!" josh gasped, seeing tyler standing in the doorway.

debby quickly pulled away, leaving josh to cover himself with a pillow. josh saw the swollen bruise around tyler's eye. it made his heart sink. tyler needed him.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" debby glared at the small boy.

tyler was shaking. "i-i.. josh.. h-he.. i..."

"get out!" she screamed, making tyler flinch. she reminded him of his dad. what if she hurt josh like his dad hurt him? no, she was just making him feel good. fuck. he just walked in on josh getting a blowjob. his mind was slowly processing everything.

"are you fucking deaf? go the fuck home, creep!"

it wasn't funny when debby called him a creep like it was when josh did. tyler desperately looked at josh, who looked at the floor in shame, silently hating everything debby was saying.

tyler ran down the stairs and out of the house, his legs moving fast even though they hurt terribly. he ran through the pouring rain, not bothering to put his hood up. his thoughts were running wild.

why would josh invite him over? was it a set-up? was he trying to hurt tyler? because it worked. it hurts when you realize you weren't as important to someone as you thought you were.

__a/n__

thank you for over 300 reads already! i'm so incredibly thankful and glad you guys enjoy this story as much as i do ❤️