seventeen

"kid, this is my last stop for the night."

tyler jumped awake, the deep voice scaring him out of his sleep. he glanced around, slowly taking in his surroundings. he'd fallen asleep on the bus.

"where are we?"

"westerville."

"okay, thank you for the ride," he handed the man an extra $5, feeling bad for falling asleep.

westerville was a small town next to columbus. the brunette figured this was good enough.

he hopped off the bus, looking both ways before deciding to turn right. he had no idea where he was going.

what now?

why hadn't he planned ahead? it was freezing outside and he had nowhere to stay. he regretted this already.

he thankfully found a tim hortons, sighing as he entered and the warm air surrounded his shivering frame. he took a seat at a table in the corner.

he didn't want food or coffee. he just needed a warm place to think. he could probably afford a motel room for a night or two. even just one night away was better than none.

tyler's head fell into his hands. he didn't want to go back, ever. he already felt different now that he was away from everything that was dragging him down. the air in westerville felt lighter than the air in columbus. in this moment, tyler was free from his problems.

"hi!" a sudden voice startled the brunette, his head snapping up to find the source of the noise.

a tall man with dark-brown, almost black, slicked back hair sat across from him. he smiled, revealing perfectly white teeth. he had a few colorful tattoos on one arm, and something about him put tyler in a good mood.

"hi," he responded.

"are you okay? you looked a little upset."

"i'm fine."

"good to know. i'm brendon."

"tyler."

"can i call you ty?"

"no, just tyler."

"okay, just tyler," brendon grinned, making the smaller boy roll his eyes.

"that's not what i meant."

"are you from around here, just tyler?"

"no, forehead, i'm from columbus."

"ah, a classic. using my flaws against me, i see?"

tyler shrugged, a small smile placed upon his lips.

"how would you like it if i called you too-cute-for-your-own-good?"

"don't," tyler shook his head, smile fading away.

"aw, why not?"

"just call me tyler."

he didn't want to feel vulnerable again. he didn't want to put himself in a position to be hurt again. his fragile heart wouldn't be able to take heartbreak all over again.

"okay, tyler. why're you here?"

"too personal."

that caught brendon off guard. "well... how long do you plan on staying?"

"as long as i can."

"do you even have a place to stay?"

tyler shook his head.

"perfect! you can stay with me!"

"um, no," tyler instantly disagreed. he wouldn't burden brendon with his pathetic life.

"come on, tyler! we'll be like roommates!" (and they were roommates!! haha i'm pathetic i miss vine)

"i don't even know you, you could kill me."

although the thought didn't really bother tyler, he was just making up excuses to say no.

"i couldn't even harm a ladybug. the worst i'll do is give unwanted cuddles."

"then definitely no."

"okay fine! i won't cuddle!"

"still no."

"what will it take for you to say yes?"

"if you promise to leave me alone when i tell you to."

"done."

"and don't go through my stuff."

"i wouldn't anyway."

"and don't make me fall for you."

"why not?"

"just don't."

"no promises there."

__a/n__

i know this is supposed to be joshler but who doesn't enjoy some good bryler (is that a thing??? if not, it is now)

another thing, i was wondering if anybody would want me to do a face reveal?? if so, i'll probably post one sometime later today or tomorrow!