thirty-three

the sun beamed through the window, forcing tyler awake.

he felt so sore.

his head hurt, his back ached, his ribs burned. his wrist had a gnarly bruise. tyler wondered if it would ever heal.

oh, god. he forgot about brendon.

brendon was at home. probably worried sick about the brunette.

tyler wasn't going to make it back to him.

he suddenly started sobbing, wishing he never would've left his safe place. he hated josh. he hated him for making
him come here. he hated himself for listening.

tyler hadn't felt this way in a while. it felt like it had been so long since he pondered life or death. he wanted the latter.

he forced himself to his wobbly legs, stumbling into the bathroom.

he let brendon down. brendon wouldn't love him anymore. he would be so disappointed in tyler.

his small frame racked as he sobbed, wanting to just get out of this place already. he fumbled through the medicine cabinet, searching for the bottle of tylenol.

god, tyler felt pathetic. he just wanted to finish this waste of a life. he was alone again. josh hated him. his father wouldn't let him leave. he could never go back to brendon.

what was the point?

tyler couldn't see the light.

he popped the cap off the bottle, popping one after the other into his mouth and swallowing them dry. he had no clue how many he'd taken before he started to feel drowsy.

how could things have gone wrong so fast? how could things have gotten bad again just like that?

tyler sat on the bathroom floor, barely able to keep his eyes open.

maybe he was just too broken to be fixed.