twenty-two

"no... please don't..."

tyler begged, eyes wide with fear as his dad slowly approached him.

"i'll make you fucking regret that, bitch," he spat, fingers wrapping around tyler's neck.

tyler gasped for air, eyes nearly popping out of his head. he tried to pry the fingers off his throat but it was no use. he dad held him up by his throat against the wall, speaking to someone over his shoulder.

"your turn."

tyler felt his heart break into two when josh stepped out of the dark shadows and into view. he gave tyler an innocent smile.

"i love you tyler. you know i'd never want to hurt you."

"p-please j-josh..." he choked out. "h-help me..."

"i'd never want to hurt you," he repeated, lunging for the boy.

they fell through the wall, landing onto a hard floor. josh pummeled his fists into tyler's face. the helpless boy screaming and crying for him to stop.

"p-please josh please!"

"i love you," josh repeated over and over.

"i love you, i love you, i love you."

"stop!" tyler screamed, suddenly unable to move. his body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds.

"i love you, i love you, i love you!" josh screamed, grabbing tyler by his neck and smashing his head against the ground.

"p-please! you're h-hurting me!"

josh suddenly stopped. he got off the boy, leaving him a crying, bloody mess on the ground.

"that's all you had to say, tyler. how fucking stupid can you be?"

"n-no... no.. you wouldn't... l-listen."

"you didn't try."

"i-i tried..."

"i'd never want to hurt you."

"please s-stop..."

tyler watched josh's mouth fall open, razor sharp teeth replacing his usually perfect ones. his eyes changed, turning a lifeless black. tyler never felt so scared.

he screamed as josh lunged for him again.

"stop!" he screamed, eyes shooting open as he sat up in bed.

he was sweating, screaming, and crying all together. brendon was sitting next to him, immediately pulling him into his arms.

"shhhh, t, it's okay. shhh, it was just a nightmare."

tyler finally broke down. he sobbed into the older's chest, body shaking with every sob.

"i'm here, t. breathe, you're okay."

"d-don't let him h-hurt me..." tyler stuttered, hiccuping in between breaths.

"i won't, t. it's okay. let it out."

"i h-hate my life..."

"what? why? stop, t. it's okay. everything will be okay. don't say things like that."

"i-it's true... j-just wanna d-die and stop feeling l-like this..."

brendon frowned, rubbing the boy's back as he held him, not caring how sweaty he was.

"t, please don't say things like that..."

"w-why? it's the t-truth!"

"you just need to calm down right now. we're going to talk about this, i'm sorry if you don't want to, but i think we really need to."

"p-please don't make me..."

"i'm sorry, but we have to."