twenty-three

"feeling better?"

"not really," tyler admitted.

brendon had made him hot chocolate and brought him a sugar cookie. he sat on brendon's lap, slowly sipping on the hot liquid.

"good enough to talk to me?"

"i don't want to."

"t, we have to talk about this. you're obviously not okay."

"i'm fine. stop worrying about me. it'll only hurt you."

"i don't care!" brendon sighed. "i'm going to worry about you because i care about you. now stop stalling and tell me what's going on."

tyler sighed, staring at the hot chocolate. he lost his appetite.

"come on, t. it's okay. you know you can trust me."

could he though? he barely knew brendon. fuck it, his life couldn't get any worse.

"it's a long story."

"i got time. i already called the day off for work."

"why would you do that?"

"to be here for you."

tyler got a funny feeling in his stomach but it was gone as quick as it came. he decided to ignore it.

"well, my mom died giving birth to me. my dad, well he took good care of me. he loved me... until he decided he loved drugs more. he started drinking, doing heroin, cocaine, anything and everything. he c-changed..."

tyler's voice cracked so he paused, brendon stroking his back in a comforting way.

"take your time," he spoke softly.

"he started hurting me, b-bad... he gave me the black eye. he ruined me... h-he.. he's the reason why i wear jeans and hoodies all the time. i look like a mess... a nasty, ugly mess."

"t," brendon sighed. "don't say that about yourself."

"it's true. so anyway, i always had josh there. i was friends with him ever since i was little. he was the only one that cared for me, so i started falling in love with him..."

he paused, glancing up at brendon who was watching him, listening intently. he nodded, urging for tyler to go on.

"u-um well... josh didn't like to get involved with what happened to me at home... he was just there to pick up the pieces afterward. b, i... i don't know why i love him."

"just keep telling your story, t. it's alright."

"s-so he started hanging out with this girl, debby. but i'm gonna call her bitch. so, bitch started trying to cut me out of josh's life. josh was too blind to see it. he was blind to everything. he didn't know i loved him. he didn't know how broken i was. he didn't know what bitch was doing."

"i'm so sorry, t..."

"i'm not done. he started acting strange. giving me food, clothes, telling me how much he loved me, that he'd never want to hurt me, that he'd always be there for me. he lied, b."

"he did me so wrong. he was all i had. i loved him for so long... just for him to leave me like i was nothing to him. i-it still hurts... i still love him... and i'm sorry b-but sometimes when you're holding me all i can think of is him..."

"that's understandable, t. you aren't going to get over him in the blink of an eye."

"b-but there's more."

"okay, go on."

"um... well..."

"you don't have to tell me if you aren't comfortable."

"no, i want to. one day my dad beat me so bad i couldn't get out of bed the next morning. so i didn't. i stayed in bed until the morning after that. and uh... well... please don't hate me..."

"i won't hate you."

"i-i hurt myself and j-josh found me a-and-"

"wait, wait, wait. what? oh my god, t. i... i don't even know what to say..."

"-and..." tyler continued. "i tried to tell him what was hurting me but he blew me off... he told me to stop... because it was about debby..."

"you didn't deserve that, t..."

"one time, oh my god... one time i walked in on her giving josh a blow job! debby screamed mean things at me and josh just let her..."

"you deserve so much better, tyler. josh is a piece of shit and if i ever meet him i'm going to punch him in the face."

"no!"

"why not?"

"he... he didn't know..."

"tyler, he's an asshole."

"not on purpose..."

"tyler, stop! he is an asshole, do not defend him."

"but..."

"tyler!" brendon was so annoyed he couldn't help but laugh.

"he's not..."

"he's blinded by what debby's doing and you're blinded by what he's doing."

"huh..?"

"he may treat you nice, but that doesn't mean you're important to him. i'm sorry, but it's true. you need to know the truth. i'm not going to sugar coat it. if he can drop you like that you are not important to him."

"you don't understand..."

"no, i do understand."

"you don't. you wouldn't understand unless you were in my shoes..."

"whatever, t. keep sticking up for him. you'll regret it eventually."

tyler frowned, brendon's words hurting. why was he being so mean to him? why was he so mad at him? he just didn't get it...

he slipped off the man's lap, leaving the unfinished cup of hot chocolate and half eaten cookie on the nightstand.

"where are you going?"

tyler ignored him, heading to the guest room to grab his bag. he fumbled through it, looking for just the thing he needed.

__a/n__

wow another long chapter

also idk what i'm doing with this i don't even know if josh is a good guy or a bad guy woops