2

"You looked so happy, did you like them?"

"Well, yeah, that's why we were here. The whole point of that was to see if we all got along." I said to her, Ruby I mean. We were on our way back to the hotel so that I could change. We were going to a kickback thing later and a bunch of people were supposed to be there.

I haven't told you about this show yet, have I? It's about a girl who figures out she has these powers: that her emotion control the weather. But she isn't the only one, amongst her small town are a group of people just like her and people who are after them. There's more but I like if I keep talking it'll sound more and more cliché. It's also set in 1983.

"Well, you relax and then get dressed," she said as we pulled in front of the hotel, "I'll pick you up soon yeah?"

"Yeah." I said smiling at her and getting out the car. It was a lot warmer out today, but ya know it's still fall.

"You have a nice time?" My mom asked me as I walked in the room, she was in the bathroom...fluffing her hair and wrapping it up.

"Yup, the other kids were real nice, they all came from big cities though." I shrugged, kicking my shoes off at flopping onto the bed.

I looked at my nails, Ruby had taken me to get them done yesterday and I liked them. I got yellow, coffin-shaped nails.

"Did you have fun yesterday?" She asked as she flipped down next to me on the bed on her stomach, looking down at me.

      "Mhm, I mean I knocked someone's phone over but it all worked out in the end." I told her looking at the ceiling.

      "Don't be mad," my mother started, it made me look at her cautiously, "but I looked through your drawing book." She was very careful with her words, she knows how I feel about my sketchbook.

      "It's fine, momma," I said to her as I sat up and retrieved it from my bedside nightstand, "some of them are better than others." I said to her, opening the book and flipping through some pages.

      "Maybe you could show your dad sometime?" She asked me, I shrugged simply.

     "If I ever the chance to, if he ever calls, if he answers my calls...if he's not too worried about my siblings." My dad has 4 children. I am his 3rd, he wants us all to be great at something and to be good in school. Acting wasn't his ideal job for me but he's warming up to the idea, he thought I'd be a doctor or lawyer.

     My parents aren't together, but the crazy thing is that they're in love with one another. They said it themselves, maybe it's because of my mom's drug dealer of a boyfriend...maybe it's because of my dad's girlfriend. It could also be that my dad's girlfriend is the mother of my little brother and he's only 6 years old.