35

Surprise!

       "I think...yeah, this is the first time Finn and I have ever been working on the same project" I spoke loudly.

       "Yeah, I, Uh, it was a nice experience to work with her on this. I like being able to share these things with Miranda." He spoke from beside me. Twenty-one years of age and on a talk show with my husband.

      "So, uh, you two are married, yes?" We nodded, grins on our faces, "how is that, cause I know when I was nineteen I was all over the place, and you've got your jobs—do you two live together?" We laughed, I let Finn answer first cause I didn't really know what to say.

       "It's, uh, just how I imagined. Kind of comforting, in a way, and I've gotten used to it." I smiled down at my dress, " yeah, uh, at first it was so... surreal. Actually when I asked I thought she'd say no—"

       "Why would u say no? You're literally the only guy I've ever been with, I wouldn't say no." He pit his hand on top of mine. Talking about our relationship has become easier.

         "Cause we're so young, we're practically babies." he said, making all of us laugh, "I froze completely after she said 'yes', I thought I was hallucinating. I never pictured my life being this way." He finished, looking at me. I smiled at him graciously.

      "I kind of just go with everything. Like I knew I wanted to say yes so I did, I didn't really feel it until the morning after the wedding and I was sitting on the couch and was writing my name down for something and I wrote— Miranda Reed— then quickly realized that was wrong and scratched it out—" the audience loves this story.

       "Cause that's no longer you're name, wow, and Finn-"

       "Finn just gets a hot wife while I keep scratching my name out of things to rewrite— Miranda Wolfhard— above it." I said, Finn shook his head and slung his arm over my shoulder to give my shoulders a squeeze before quickly dropping them.

        "No, I get my 'hot wife' taken away from me by our puppy." He said.

        "Your puppy is stealing your wife away from you?" We were questioned.

       "No, yeah, he's got this sad look he does to her and she'll pick him up and he sits on her lap and they'll do that all day," he spoke, "or she'll lay on the floor, like on her stomach, and he'll lay on her butt— hey, pal, that's my spot." I hit his shoulder as everyone continued to laugh.

       "He's one, Finn, he's a baby." I tried to defend Benny. Finn looks at me as if I were crazy.

       "I was your baby, we're my love and appreciation?" He pointed to himself.

        "I don't appreciate you talking about our son like that," I laughed, "very disrespectful."

"The dog is your son?" I was asked.

      "I bathe him, care for him, and play with him. Yes, he is my son." I stared.

        "Until he used the bathroom in the house then it's Finn come look at what your dog did!" I rolled my eyes.

          "I take him out before bed and if I forget or fall asleep before I get the chance you don't do it so I think you're letting him do it on purpose." I accused.

        "This how it's gonna be like for the rest of your life." Finn was told, "wait until you have actual kids."

        "Yeah. Just wait, Wolfhard." I teased the love of my life. Just wait.

        "You don't want your mommy to kiss your daddy?" I questioned the gurgling baby. I held her on my stomach as Finn watched from besides me.

       "I'm her favorite, that's why." He said. He's got to be the most annoying twenty-four year old I've ever met.

       "Gimme kiss." I beckoned to my boy. He leaned over and gave me a lingering kiss on the cheek before tiny hands pushed me away, Daniela climbed into Finn's stomach.

       "Daddy's big baby," He cooed at her before kissing her, making her giggle; he kissed me too before saying, "and the bigger baby." He teased, laughing at me.

        "And the biggest baby." I cooed at him before kissing him again, "that's okay, at least Benny loves me." I pouted before sitting on the floor with the dog. He's small, I like small dogs.

       He ran around me for a bit before I trotted off into the kitchen. I got a glass for my water and looked out the window as I drank it. I then heard larger footsteps coming downstairs, I looked behind me to see Finn talking on the phone.

       I stayed quiet as he finished, "alright, bye." He looked at me and set his phone on the table, "that was Nick, he says 'hi'." He rested his hands inside my back pockets.

"Daughter?" I questioned

"Napping," he answered, "Dog?"

       "Biting the air." I motioned over to the puppy that was currently trying to eat the air in the corner of the lovely my room. It was odd.

        "Looks like we've got some free time." He said before taking his hands out of my pockets and lifting me up. He brought me over to the couch and sat me down so that he could lay his head on my chest. I ran my fingers through his familiar curls and felt the rubble of his sideburns with my other hand.

         "Stop that." He murmured as he held the hand caressing the hair on the side of his face.

         "What, why, I always do this?" I questioned. He kissed my fingers and looked up at me.

       "Yeah, then you started rubbing my back, then I go to sleep. Happens every time." He stated, I began thinking about all of the times things like that have happen, I guess he's right.

         Then shaking began happening over the baby monitor. Our daughter likes to shake the top of her crib until we come and get her.

        "Could you please?" I asked of him, he smiled then quickly faked groaned and began walking up the stairs.

        "I'll go get my favorite baby, sure." He said, I fake gasped.

        "I thought I was your favorite baby?" I asked with a fake pout as he bounded down the stairs a moment later.

       "I love you, was his only defense towards my question. He laid in between my legs so his head rested on my stomach and he laid Daniela on his chest.

We are the laziest family in Canada.

      So...maybe we were just as compatible as anyone could think.

Finished: Friday, March 30, 2018. 3:24 pm.

Published: Friday, March 30, 2018. 3:25 pm.