26

*late  and short super bowl chapter       "Do you even like football?" I looked at him as if he was supposed to be locked in some mental institution

*late and short super bowl chapter

"Do you even like football?" I looked at him as if he was supposed to be locked in some mental institution.

"I love football, my school's team nearly killed at championships." I told the boy on the screen who sat on my kitchen table. I was home, well, for awhile. My mom said that she liked it up in Canada so we were gonna find more business there. That's a lie, what she really means is: ever since I became an actor I one can know about my mom's drug dealer of a boyfriend or that they fight on the daily. That's why I live here with my grandma, there's a downside to that as well. Ever since my nana died my grandma's sister and her racist boyfriend have moved in with us...they're alcoholics and addicts. I'd never let Finn come here.

       "Nearly?" He asked I pouted and nodded at the screen, pushing back some of my hair so I could put my hoops in correctly.

      "We lost the game that deciphered whether we go to championships or not." I said sadly, he laughed at me to which I dropped my jaw and crinkled my nose at him.

      Just then Serena cane back into the kitchen and sat next to me, it was where Finn couldn't see her. I looked at her as she gave me a strange look and gestured to the phone. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone fro where I leaned it against my fruit bowl in the center of my table. I pulled her closer to me, she waved at the boy who was an eternity away from me.

      "Finn I want you to me this rat who I call a cousin, her name is Serena." I said, Serena gasped as I flinched away. Finn laughed at the relationship I had developed with the girl throughout my life.

       "Hi, nice to meet you," He said, Finn was always the nicest person to meet, "Randi talks about you a lot."

      "Yup, seems like she's always talkin some mess, looks like we gonna have to scrap." She said, I crinkled my nose at her in disgust and pushed her face away.

       "Okay then, right after the super bowl, meet me outside and I'll rock your shit." I said the last part a little quieter to make sure no one heard me, my mom might throw me off my back porch.

      "I'm tellin." She said making me roll her eyes and smile at her as she returned to her seat.

      "Oh my god, see what you did," I said to Finn, "now I'm gonna have to beat some ass today." I said shrugging.

"So, who are you rooting for?" He asked me.

"Philly Eagles, yeah my 'fiancé' Jaeden and I have officially decided. We're also currently looking at rings." I said making the boy drop his jaw in mock shock.

"Wow, fiancé," He started out, "so what am I?"

"My man, yup, that's how that works." I said nodding.

A loud scream came from my front yard that was decorated in splotches of snow and green grass. I looked back at the boy who I longed for. I really miss my boyfriend.

"I have to go make sure my little cousins don't spin-kick each other in the throat." I said making him laugh. I wanted that laugh to be real and in person. How does one human make someone another human feel so much happiness if we don't matter.

"Okay, I'll talked to you later," he said and then stopped me before I pushed the red 'end call' button, "oh wait l, before I go I wanted to show you something."

He flipped walked for a bit, the light shifting in the room, and flipped his camera around. He pointed it out the window and a saw the teeniest dashed of light.

"I've been taking pictures of the stars ever since I got here." He said, I opened my mouth and covered it with my hand in happiness and shock.

"For me?" I asked my voice kind of high-pitched and cracking.

He nodded and chuckled a bit, "yup, for you, at first people thought it was lame but now everyone knows it's a daily thing for me." I heard another scream but still looked at the boy's face which was projected on my phone.

"Aren't you gonna get that?" He asked referring to deadly noise. I shrugged and shook my head.

"Well now I don't want to hang up." This boy is so, so sweet."

"Randi, I'll be here in five minutes, you can always call me again." He said with a slight chuckle in his voice.

I sighed, "okay," I whined, "I'll talk to you later." I waved.

"I'll talk to you later, bye baby." He said, I blew him a kiss over the phone right before pressing the 'end call' button.

"Come here you little runts!" I yelled out the door before slamming it shut and running into my yard to tackle the group of 3-11 year olds.

I have such a nice boyfriend.

Finished: Friday, February 9, 2018. 3:38 pm.

Published: Friday, February 9, 2018. 3:38 pm.