25

*cause Valentine's Day is coming up

*cause Valentine's Day is coming up. And this is a semi-personal chapter. Oh, also the groundhog saw it's shadow so six more weeks of winter, I'm writing his at a H&R Block.

        "I'm really sorry, Miranda," He said softly, "I'm so so sorry."

       I shrugged the feeling off, not thinking about it much, "it's cool, you don't have to apologize." I said leaning back on my headboard. My show premieres towards the end of this month and Finn's gonna miss our first Valentine's day as a couple, I told him it was nothing to worry about but he wasn't having it.

       "We started dating not even a month ago and I'm already failing at this relationship." He said rubbing his forehead to move some of the curls out of his face.

        I shook my head at him, "you're not failing at this relationship, I just wanted you to call me." I said smelling the Calpurnia shirt I wore. It was one of Finn's, the material made me feel as if he was actually here. I was happy for him, really I was, but long distance was something so unexpected that it didn't sink in for me until now.

"That's still such a lame gift, though, I could've at least sent you something." He said yawning, it was late there, he should be sleeping.

"That's okay, you didn't need to, but I did send you something." I said shrugging.

He groaned and rolled his eyes, "I didn't even get you anything, c'mon, Randi."

"I don't want anything, I just felt like if you ever missed having those late night stargazing dates then you could— never mind I almost gave away your present." I covered my mouth as I watched him yawn once more.

"What is it?" He asked me, I shook my head furiously and pouted.

"Why would I tell you, it's a present," I said to him as he tiredly watched me, "but maybe you should get some sleep?" I suggested to my sleepy boy. He nodded and sighed.

"Hey, wait a minute, I'll miss your birthday too!" He furrowed his brows. I smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

"It's not that big of a deal, Finn." I said searching his face as it contoured with more emotions of upset.

"Yeah it is, you'll always have celebrated one more of my birthdays than I have yours. And you're turning 16, your all-white party." He huffed to himself. I made a kissy face at the camera to mock him.

"I'm not even looking forward to it, you know I wasn't all that of a fan of my birthday." I said trying to reassure the boy.

"I'm still pissed about it, I'm missing out on our relationship." He said sadly, it made me pout at how sad he looked.

"What about all of the fun things you've been doing, I don't get to be apart of that," I pointed out, "oh, semester grades came out today." I said, the end of the semester had just came and I was mildly stressing about it for weeks, I would ramble to Finn about it for hours.

He peeked up and smiled, "really, hows you do?"

"I passed with a 2.8 GPA." I said smiling, I was so proud of myself. Finn had this look of astonishment on his face, like joy filled his expressions quickly.

"I knew you could do it, I am so proud of you, Randi." He boasted, my eyes smiled as I gave him a huge grin to show all of my teeth.

"I my mom said she was gonna take me to take my test for my permit." I said, my mom wanted me to be able to drive as soon as I was legally allowed to.

"So when I get back will you drive me around?" He asked tiredly.

"Will you pay for gas," I asked jokingly, ", yes I'll take you for drives." I said, "go to sleep before I block your number." I said to him, he nodded chuckled as he bid me a goodnight.

"Bye, baby, I'm proud of you. I hope you don't hate me, Happy Valentines Day." He said.

"I could never hate you, I still really like you. Happy Valentines Day," I waved at him, "Bye, Finn." He ended the call and I plugged my phone up before shrinking down below my covers. The way I had said Bye reminded me of the way I said it the day he left. I sighed really hard a rubbed my face.

I miss him too much in one day...

       It was a few more days before he had called me, he'd gotten really busy lately. I wasn't mad at him for it because the smile on his face that he had when we FaceTimed was the cutest.

        "Babe, I just got your present, oh my god, thank you." He had a huge grin on his face which was obviously contagious.

       "Well, did you like it?" I asked covering my mouth to try and ease the pain in my cheeks. He looked at me as if I was stupid.

        "What kind of question is that, of course I like it," he said flipping through the book, "you started this is 2016?" He exasperated.

       I nodded and blushed, "yeah, I thought you could read them to remind you of me, pictures, videos, and texts are okay but I thought this could be different."

       In 2016 my great grandma passed away, to this day I can hardly remember the date or day of the week but to remind myself that I want to be an author or artist I wrote and drew anything that came into my head. They weren't whole stories so I kept the small scenes that played in my mind in a patterned composition book. I wrote Finn a little note in the front of it and mailed it to him.

        "These are so good, could you write me a story when I come back?" He kept skimming the pages.

      "Do you really like it?" He nodded vigorously, "they're all really sad, kind of morbid too, I didn't think you'd actually like them; more of just something to keep you entertained." I said shrugging with how happy this made me.

       "Yeah if course I love this, wow, is that what you want to do, write or art?" He asked me, I shrugged. He looked like he was exhausted, it was night here and he just got done brushing his teeth.

        "Both I guess, maybe major in creative writing or something like that. I dunno." I said blushing and shrugging.

       A knock was on his door and it made his attention turn towards it, "Okay, I gotta go, Randi, bye, sweet dreams, love you-r gift, I love your gift." He stammered quickly.

       "You welcome, bye baby, have a good day." I said waving and ending the call.

I could write him a story...

Finished: Friday, February 2, 2018. 4:08 pm.

Published: Friday, February 2, 2018. 4:09 pm.