9

* long chapter

* long chapter

It was early and bright, I didn't have filming today so guess who I'm with.

"This should be a fun day for you, so why don't you do it?"

"What if I wanted to hang out with you today, it makes sense."

"If you call I'll hang out with you next week."

My mom. Finn's out with his friends, wrecking Canada at the moment. He'd asked me if I wanted to hang out with his friends Josh and Lucas, but I said no and I couldn't tell you why.

"Mom, are you trying to negotiate with me?" I asked as Iran away from her, she was at one side of the couch and I was at the other.

"No, I'm compromising, and I'm great at it. Now, come get this phone before I whoop you." She threatened, I looked at her and shook my head. She ran around the couch while I jumped in the cushion then over the back of it, trying to get to my room as quickly as possible. I finally reached the stairs and almost made it, until my mom grabbed my foot then dragged me down the steps. She raised her had over me as if she was going to hit me then handed me the phone.

I took it from her begrudgingly and pressed on the familiar contact name. I waited a few before I heard the sound of a voice I had been missing today.

"Hello?" Finn answered the phone, I could hear the rolling of wheels on the concrete in the background. That skateboard of his.

"Hey," I paused looking at my mom for help, she motioned for me to continue talking, "Finn, what's up?" I cringed at my awkwardness.

"Hey, Randi, nothing, really." He said, I no longer heard his wheels, he must've stopped.

"I just uh- wanted to talk, you know, see how your day was going." Why am I the way that I am?

"Oh, it's good, how's your day?" He replied, he sounded so calm about the situation and I should too.

"Fine, a little bored I guess." I shrugged even though he couldn't see it, I was hoping he wouldn't be so nice and not invite me, but again, that's not how Finn works.

"We could come pick you up if you want to hang out?" He suggested, I looked up at my mom who sat with me in the floor, she nodded rapidly at me saying I could go.

"You don't have to, but you can if it's no trouble." I said, not wanting to sound like some pest.

"Sure, we'll be there in a bit, bye, sweets." He said, waiting to see if I'd say something back.

        "Alright, Bye freckles." I ended our call and dropped my smile instantly. I quickly leaned back so hard I hit the back of my head against the bottom stair.