3

"Like never in your life?"

"Never."

     It was fun doing this, practicing lines, checking my sugar, then going out with Finn. We've been hanging out for the week, it's gotten my mom more chances to speak with Mary and I think she's happy I finally have a friend.

     "Are you sure you've never jumped into a pool?" He asked me, we were waiting to meet his friends. They're in his band, Calpurnia, he's told me that they are really nice. I'm just here to watch them practice.

      "I'm so positive, I've always been afraid I was gonna fall and hit my head or something." I said to him, laughing. He was tuning up an electric guitar as of right now.

      "You can swim can't you?" I nodded, "then you should be fine."

     "Nope, not taking any chances, I am the clumsiest girl in the world." I said checking the time on my phone. 1:15.

     "C'mon, you have to try it at least once in your life." He said getting up an sitting next to me, very close might I add. I'm not complaining though, I do it too. I don't even mean to, I never realize that I do it.

      "There is no way, I'll freak out or have some sort of panic attack." I told him.

      He chuckled, "Okay, then next summer, it will be my job to make sure you jump in a pool by the end of it."

      "Who says we'll even see each other then, I could've gotten sick of you by next summer. That or you'll go off and forget about me." I said over-dramatically.

      "Not possible, I could never get sick of you," He started turning towards me, "but if we're still friends by summer next year you have to jump in a pool." He offered.

     "And what if we become strangers once more?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow. The thought made me sick.

      "Then I'll hate myself for letting one of the best people I will ever know walk out of my life." He stuck his hand out.

     "Alright, Wolfhard, you have yourself a deal." I said smirking. A knock was heard on the door, he still had ahold of my hand, smiling like an idiot.

      "Go open the door." I told him, nodding towards the direction the sound cane from.

      We'd been here for a couple of hours and I've just been on my phone. I was currently charging it using Finn's charger after I had sheepishly asked him for it. I didn't want to be rude or interrupt their practice. The other guys were cool. Ayla was nice, Jack was funny, and Malcolm was an all around good person. They tried to make me feel welcomed and what not, but I was just quiet, I was always quiet around newer people. Finn noticed and kept asking if I was okay, if I needed anything.

      I thought it was sweet of him to do so. I hadn't even told him about my diabetes yet, he's probably just worry about me even more. I'd hate for him to do that, it's not that I'm afraid to tell him because I will, it's just that it had never come up before.