30

I never thought it would happen, I mean, I guess I did, but I was never really prepared for it

I never thought it would happen, I mean, I guess I did, but I was never really prepared for it. Maybe this was my fault for not being prepared for any of this.

The last three weeks of my life have been filled with 'run me to the store', 'can you pick this up for me?', 'where are you going?' Wanna know why? I got my permit and today I got my license. The written portion got me a couple of times but I got my license first try. Also, today is my birthday, and it sucked.

I mean, yeah, my dad was here, I was dressed in this big pretty white dress, I looked like royalty, but my parents weren't here. They aren't horrible parents they just get distracted, the most tragic live story in history— my parents.

"Happy birthday!" I smiled at the boy, I was currently in hiding of this place my mom rented out for the evening. And of course I was FaceTiming Finn.

"Thank you," I laughed, "I wish you were, I really wish that you were here." I was kind of sad.

He frowned a bit, "I know, but you look beautiful, God, you don't understand how gorgeous you look." I started to sniff a bit.

"Are you having fun, you doin' alright, how's Ireland?" I was being a bit of a mom, but I miss him a lot.

"Ireland's Ireland, yes, I'm having fun, but I miss you like crazy," he sighed, "how's West Virginia, are you having a nice birthday?"

I'm such a horrible girlfriend for lying, "yeah, I got my license and all of h friends are here, I got this dress, life's insane." Well, like was definitely insane right now.

"Well, you look like a princess, sorry I had to break another promise." I shook my head, dismissing his apology.

"Don't worry about it, the world isn't gonna end and besides, I never expect anything too much." He just kind of looked at me and then smiled.

"Oh, tell Timothée I said 'thank you' for the birthday wish." He laughed and rolled his eyes lovingly.

"I will," just then a knock on the door was heard and a 'Randi, you alright?' "Sounds like you gotta go?" I nodded sadly, I could stay on the phone with him forever.

"Sadly yes, but I'll text you when this is all over and send you tons of pictures," another knock was heard so I frantically made sure I looked alright before speaking again, "gotta go, love you, bye." I hung the phone up and walked out to see some of my friends. There was a lot of commotion coming from the room I just entered and all of it seemed to revolve around me.