19

"It's not that I don't want to be here, it's just that out of everything that I do, this might be the most nerve-racking

      "It's not that I don't want to be here, it's just that out of everything that I do, this might be the most nerve-racking." I nodded at the boy that I've grown quite fond over. Finn was babbling because he was so nervous, he also couldn't stop bouncing his leg.

      "Yeah, I get it," I said adjusting the settings on the camera I was given, "just don't think about it, we all know you're gonna do great." I said placing my hand on his knee to stop its rapid movements and let him lay his head on my shoulder. I cringed at the slight pang in my head, "are you okay?" He asked. I nodded as he went onto the next thing, anxiety taking him over.

      "What if this is the one moment I'm not good enough?" He asked, I ran my fingers through his hair in an attempt to calm his nerves. I get it, he loves what he does and he wants to be good at it, that's a natural human response for practicing your passion.

      "Then you get to come back to Earth with me," I said as he sat up to look at me, "but for now could you do me a favor?"

       "Hm?" He hummed as he looked at me with furrowed brows. I held his hand and pressed a kiss to the back of his palm. I rubbed his knuckles and shook a curl away from my eyes.

       "Go out there and roam amongst our stars for me?" He smiled and nodded. He kissed my forehead as I sat back on the couch we were on and looked through the camera, putting it down and reaching up to take my hair out of its ponytail. Maybe I should check my sugar, that would be the responsible thing to do, but not now. Finn needed me. It was 6:00, I just had to make it 30 more minutes.

      "Go rehearse, rockstar." I told him, nodding towards his band members. He leaned forward and kissed my cheek then walked off to Ayla, Malcolm, and Jack. I rested my feet on the cushions of the couch and had my back to the arm of it so that I could face Calpurnia's rehearsal.

      I took a lot of cool shots from backstage, that was until a debate broke out and I was pulled into it.

     "Randi, can you come settle this?" Ayla called me, I nodded and pulled myself off of the couch, it seemed as if I was always being the judge of their mindless debates and verbal competitions. I didn't mind, they were always amusing and made me forget about my headache.

     "What's up?" I asked as I reached the group, placing my elbow on Ayla's shoulder.

       "This is stupid." Finn said before anyone even told me what was supposed to be stupid.

      "Sssh, Finn, no it's not," Malcolm said and then turned to me, "isn't it possible to rate masculinity?" He asked me.

     I immediately started laughing and thought about it, shrugging, "yeah, I guess it is." I moved my eyebrows while talking.

      "Could you rate ours?" Jack asked gesturing to the three boys, including him. I rolled my head.

       "Why is this a thing, how is this a thing," I shook my curls around a bit, "why does this even matter?"

      "That's the thing," Ayla spike from beside me, "it doesn't." She rolled her eyes at her friends. I think that's why she likes having me around so much, someone to relate to.

      "You don't even have to rate us, just name who's more masculine to the least masculine?" Malcolm asked of me again.

      "This is dumb but if I had to," I thought looking at Ayla to see if I could possibly read her mind but, again I couldn't, "Jack, Malcolm, Finn." We all laughed but Finn's jaw dropped as he did so.

       He hit me in my stomach lightly which made me laugh more, "why was I last?"

       "You can't even pick me up." Then again, it's not like every person I met could pick me up so easily.

       Laughter poured out of the group, "since when did that ever matter to you?" He exasperated. I just laughed and walked into his arms as he wrapped them around me.

       "I'm sorry, you- I- you're still cute and I still like you." I said trying to save myself. I kissed his cheek and walked away back to my spot on the couch. The night was fun, but 6:30 came too fas and Finn was on his way out on stage. But instead of heading out onto the stage he stopped in front of me.

       He pecked a quick kiss on my forehead and then my cheek, "wish me luck?"

      "You don't need it." I said right before he was on stage. I was taking pictures during the entire show and it was amazing. Not just the singing and playing, even though that was fantastic, but it was also the way that they all looked so happy up there. Everything was so phenomenal that I forgot to give myself insulin.

       It wasn't until it was almost time for the show to end that I had realized why my pictures were coming out so horrible and why I wasn't feeling the greatest. I had just taken it and was now chugging a bottle of water to see if I could make myself feel better. A little while longer and I was greeting Finn from my spot huddled up on the couch.

      "Hey," he smiled as he sat next to me he then noticed how much in pain I looked, "I thought you said you were fine?" He asked referring to the question he had asked me from earlier.

       I sighed, rolling my eyes, "ok," I hugged as I put my hand up to block the heavy light that shone in my eyes, "so I lied." I shrugged.

      He pushed my hand down and felt my forehead. He then took me by the chin and angled my head up so that my neck was exposed to him. He pressed his lips to my neck for a second before leaning back, "you have a fever."

       I furrowed my brows and touched his neck with the back of my hand, "You're warm too."

      He chuckled at me, "yeah, but I just came off of a stage I was jumping around on with scorching lights beaming on me," he then looked at the bottle if water I had placed on the floor, "you're sick."

      I rolled my eyes, "I just missed taking my insulin, it's fine, it'll just take a little longer to kick in." I told him standing up wobbily and taking slow and weak strides away from him.

       After awhile longer of fun and such we had all went home and rested. Especially me, cause you see I was currently waiting on Finn to come in my room....you'll see.

       "What did I tell you?" He asked bursting into my room with an 'I told you so' attitude floating around him. I pushed my head even more under the covers as the light escaped into the room.

       "Just get it over with." I groaned, feeling cold even though my body was 104 degrees. I felt my bed dip in and I peaked out my safe fortress of darkness where I was met with straining light and a smirking Finn who instantly reached to brush curls out of my face.

       "I told you so," he said as he placed a soft kiss on my head, "you need fluids." He said getting up and leaving my room to go retrieve something that'll help clear my system...

Finished: Tuesday, January 16, 2018.4:44pm.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018.4:45pm.