13

"Nothing happened I promise

"Nothing happened I promise."

"I know, I was just worried when you didn't answer."

I had just gotten back, and by just gotten back I mean I arrived back in Canada last night. And it was almost 2018 so that was a thing. The Wolfhards wanted my mom and I over to bring in the new year, This was the first time I had ever brought in a new year other than in my room. Finn was asking me questions that I thought I answered about that night of the party.

"Did you at least have fun?" He asked, we were in his kitchen, eating ice cream and talking.

"Yeah, Serena said 'hi', do you remember me telling you about her?" I asked sticking a spoonful of double chocolate fudge in my mouth.

"Yeah, she's your cousin right?" He asked as he munched in mint chocolate chip.

"Yup, and did you see that picture I posted of you on Twitter?" I asked with a smirk, I had posted a many pictures over the course of 2 days about the new year and one of them was a picture of Finn. He had let me fill in his eyebrows and I took the best picture of it ever.

"Of course I did," He exasperated, "you tagged me and so did everyone else, I can't believe you did that."

"You posted a picture of me with a whole bonnet on and I had a scarf around my edges." He laughed at my description of the picture.

"At least your hair looked nice the next day." He said in defense, trying to make it seems as if the situation wasn't as bad. I've grown attached to the boy and his family over the course of these last few months.

"Oh, did I tell you that a certain Brit you know dm'd me on instagram?" I asked looking up at him through my lashes to see his reaction. He stopped eating and his face went stone cold, he even dropped his spoon in his bowl.

"Millie, texted you," He asked and I nodded truthfully, "what did she say?" He sounded so embarrassed.

"She was just asking me questions about average people things I guess, then moved onto how I liked it up here in Canada and we talked about acting." I shrugged and continued to check the time on my phone. 11:14 pm. I then looked at my wallpaper. Finn hanging upside down on some monkey bars.

      "I'm sorry," he said shaking his head and rubbing his face, "I am so sorry." He let apologizing for awhile.

      "Finn, it's cool, she's great, honest, she's a very lovely person." I said to calm him down, I don't mind meeting his friends, I just think that they're all...better...yeah.

      "Well, what do you want to do tonight, it's New Year's Eve after all." He said leaning back in his chair and stretching.

      "I dunno, stay inside and work on my computer." I said truthfully, eating another spoonful and pulling Finn's bowl over to take a bit.