She's Gone.

(James's P.O.V.)

We could hear Jess moving around upstairs while talking with Fury but none of us thought much of it. I for one assumed she was cleaning. Steve hoped she was packing to come with us.

We were completely wrong.

When she came to tell us that Clint was going to FaceTime I found it strange that her eyes glistened with tears. I worried some but chose to ignore it. Wrong choice. When I followed everyone else outside I was suspicious to why she was being slow and looking around. I should have asked.

When we got to the computer room Natasha turned on the computer and Jessica's face came up on the screen with a play button on the centre of it. We waited for a few seconds making sure everyone could see before hitting play.

"Hey guys. By the time that you notice that I've left I might be in a different country, depending on when you find this video. Your jet was fixed a few days ago, but I was waiting to tell you until Laura left, sorry about that.
A couple quick reminders and statements before I start crying and end the video;
Tony don't forget to check the wires of the other jets to make sure that they aren't exposed or frayed. You don't want them shocking anyone else. It hurts.
Banner and Falcon, in the top left drawer of my desk here there is a file for your eyes only. I would like you to assess what is in it and if you deem it fit, you may tell your team.
Wanda, I may not have spoken to you very often but you are an amazing person, thank you for not trying to get into my head after we went shopping. It's a lot better for your health that way. You don't want to know what goes on in here. It's a mess.
Thor, I must say that the name you have given me is different then what anyone else has ever preferred to call me. It made me feel new, like I hadn't done anything wrong, yet.
Natalia. I have to say that you are my best friend. You kept me sane while we were in Red Room together. I know you don't remember me, but that's because they called me Hannah while I was there. I never understood why. But you beat me a few times. Gave me a nasty black eye once. But you taught me how to block that kick later that night after I picked the locks to our handcuffs. Thank you. For being my friend.
Rogers, please keep your team together. Don't let anyone look for me, because as of now, I am a ghost, and I will not be found again. Thank you for being my friend. If we had met in a different circumstance we might have been able to connect. I'm sorry for this.
James, I love you. Your my brother, how could I not love you? You kept me alive, you kept me happy. You kept me here for this long, and now I am leaving you for a third time. For a last time."
She pauses and looks down. Looking back up she had a tear on her face "James, listen to me. Do not cover your ears and do not leave the room. This is for your own good. Natalia before I continue take the sticky note from the back of my monitor. Steve, Thor hold Winter down until I'm finished please." I know what she's going to do so I allow Thor to grab my metal arm and Steve my right. I don't know what is on the sticky note though. Watching the screen she opens her mouth
"Pech'.
zarya.
Semnadtsat'
dobrosovestnykh..."
She starts to say my words and things start to get fuzzy until she gets my attention. "солдат?" Soldier?
"да?"yes?
"Вы не должны пытаться найти Серебряную Смерть. Если вы это сделаете, будут последствия." You are not to try and find Silver Death. If you do there will be consequences.

Jess looks down and says "Natalia, go ahead please."
Natasha says "Sputnik" and I fall to the floor.

(Steve's P.O.V.)

Buck falls from my grip onto the ground I start to help him until I hear Jessie start talking again

"Now, for everyone else. Don't look for me, I am a ghost as of now. You will not find me," as she says this her hair changes my to blonde and her eyes turn to blue right in front of us. No gimmicks just her.  "because I will look nothing like Jessica."

A few seconds after the video ends we are all looking at the blonde haired, blue eyes girl on the screen. Hearing a small groan I remember that Buck is on the floor, and that I need to make sure he is alright. Well, physically because I know he won't be okay after he remembers that Jessie is gone.

"Buck? You awake?"
"Yes I am punk. Where's Jess? The video was a dream right?"

I glance away and he takes it as an answer. "And I can't even go look for her."
"Why not?"
"That would be going against orders. She knows how I feel about doing that."
"Okay. Well um." Not sure what to say I look up to Tony who is doing something on the computer "Tony what are you doing?"
"Seeing if I can find out where she is. I'm not a good listener and I don't care if we were told not to bother looking for her."
"Why do you care that she's gone?"
He turns away from the computer "Because! She was great! She kept us safe, she kept us alive! She did so many things that she's still punishing herself for, things that she's made up for already. She helped us when Loki was here! Why do you think she ran?!"
"I don't know Stark."
"Bruce, Sam. Why do you think she left when she did?"

Bruce looks down so Sam replies "because she doesn't want to be an Avenger. She left before we could persuade her to join us, or before we were ordered to arrest her. And because Fury is here."
"Exactly, see Steve? And what did she tell you? That she wanted to be with you but the circumstances were to shitty. She knew she was going to leave before us. She had this planned out."

"How do you know?"
"She started pushing herself away as soon as Fury got here. Probably packed while all of us were downstairs. I bet her armoury is missing a few thing too. Including a sheet saying that she's just going to a weapons show. So she's allowed to take them over any border. I bet, she's in tears as she's driving away. In her truck. In the truck I bugged."
"You bugged it?"
"Yes Snow man I did. But she took the bug off and attached it to the jet. She's smart, we might not find her."
"She doesn't want us to look for her."
"Well once again Nat, I don't listen."
"You should. Bucky what consequences would we get if we found her?"
"Most likely she has some traps set up at her new house. She probably will shoot if we disturb her, if she doesn't realize who it is."
"She's going to shoot at us?"
"Maybe. Tony I'm not allowed to look for her by that doesn't mean I have to stop you. Find her please."
"On it."

Watching him run around to the computers he turns to us "she wiped them. Did she take her files?"

Buck, Sam and I sprint to the file room, and after a few minutes of looking Natasha and Bruce come in. "How many did she take?"
"She only took the ones that included herself. Even then just the pages that mentioned her."

Noticing that buck it looking at a file I question him "what's that Buck?"
"She left the file she made me alone, except..."
"Except what?"
"She left me a note."
"What does it say?"
"Key master had a nice home, until I killed him. I like his house, if you need a place to stay while in Russia come by. Just make sure to go through the front gate."

When he stops I get confused "who's Key master?"
"The person in the HYDRA bases we were in together that kept us locked up. We nicknamed him 'Key Master' because he always had the keys that would let us out."
"So where does he live?"
"I don't know. She said she tracked him down, and killed him. I guess she kept the house. Even though I don't know where it- where it is."

Bruce speaks up "do you know The Key Masters real name?"
"No. But Jess did. Someone get the others, we have cabinets to go through. She might have a file on him."
Natasha nods to Bruce who walk out of the room, and the four of us that are left in the room pull out a drawer of the HYDRA cabinet and start going through files.

After an hour of searching no one has found anything. Bruce, Thor, Wanda and Fury had all came down about 50 minutes ago and helped us look. Tony had been working on the computers, trying to restore the hard drives. So far accomplishing nothing other than getting more and more mad.

Since it was about five in the afternoon when we first came down we give up and leave for supper, having to practically drag Tony from the computer room.

Looking at Bucky I can see that we are thinking the same thing. She's gone and we're not getting her back.