Eighteen

As I step onto the jet and everyone looks at me from their seats. The only space available is between Steve and James. Turning around to face the door as it closes I catch a last glimpse of the shed I built. I think I built it at least, I highly doubt anyone here did unless it was Stark. But if it was him there would be a lot more flashy and shiny bits instead of hospital white walls and grey support beams. "Did I have a platform up there?"

Clint pipes up "yah, you left a blanket and a pillow up there for me."

Nodding I locate my bag, pulling pieces of my uniform out of it and laying it on the ground in front of me. "Is there a place I can change?"

Wanda points towards a door leading off to I don't know where but am about to find out. After grabbing up my uniform and struggling with getting the corset part of it done up for a few minutes I manage it and walk back out, while fitting my mask to my face. "You know that you don't have to wear that right?"

"Yes Tony, I know."
"Then why wear it?"
"Because I can."
"But why do you want too?"
"Back off and shut up." There's a look of surprise when I say this and everyone else falls silent. "What? I don't feel like talking right now. I just need to think."

Instead of sitting in the open seat I lay down on the medical table. Great, cue the memory.

I'm on the jet still but James is on one side of me while Steve is on the other. Bruce is near my stomach, pulling something from my side. What he's pulling out of me I don't know, but it probably hurt like hell to take out.

Nothing else comes back to me, only that brief part of my past that I still can't remember, that I want to remember. Hearing metal creaking and bending I realise that my hands have clenched themselves around the table, crushing it.

I shut my eyes not wanting to see anyone's reaction, and think back on my last day in Russia and in the HYDRA facility I was kept in. Anatoly and Damian are most likely dead or being tortured to find out where I am. I would have expected Anatoly to betray me, or even Damian but after the third soldier was killed- I think he was, Anatoly said he was- he began to hate working for HYDRA eve more than he did before. Damian was supposable his sons best friend, but I don't think I've ever met Anatoly's son.

There's shuffling behind me, a tapping starts right beside my ear. "Jess we need to talk."
"Why should we James?"
"So we can discus Aly."
"How is she?"
"Open your eyes and actually talk."
Siting up I look him in the eyes. "This is me talking."
"She's not prepared for you to show up since we haven't even told her we've found you."
"Technically I was on the way to where you all were anyways."
"No you weren't."
Getting up I grab the backpack Anatoly gave and packed for me and give him the note to read. "Yah, I was."

He reads it and passes it down the row of people, starting with Vision. "okay, so you were. But why are you Listening to that idiot Doctor?"
"that 'Idiot Doctor' as you call him got me out of that hell hole. HYDRA had his son and was using him as leverage against him, its the only reason he was there."
"why did he flip now?"
"do you remember the third soldier?"
"yah, he took you from the party, away from us."
"no idea what party you're talking about but I think that the third soldier might have been Anatoly's son. He tried helping me before I was frozen. Before I met Aly even. He got killed doing something for me. I forget what." During my explanation my eyes had trailed down to the ground, and I try to think of what he was doing. "Maybe I was being questioned or something like that or maybe, maybe I was the one to kill him." The occupants of the plane still and get quiet. "How is Aly going to react to me?"

Tony lifts his hand drawing my attention "I phoned Pepper. She hasn't told your kid that her mother is on her way but Aly is a smart girl. Peps says that during our time away she's heard a lot about you. And Snowflake over there, but Aly cares for you."
I stare at him. "I didn't peg you as a sentimental."
"Ouch."
"Where about are we?"