CHAPTER THIRTY

"Dalvin, is everything alright?" Naomi inquired, urgently as she hopped out of her car as she analyze his shirt that was torn and his swollen shut eye.

"Yeah, everything is good" Dalvin utters under his breath as he mechanically walks over to the passenger side of Naomi's car as he opened it up and sat in it as Naomi felt like he wasn't good at all.

Heading back over to the driver side, Naomi opens up her door and she gets in and fastens her seatbelt as she soon turn and noticed Dalvin taking the torn wet shirt that was bloody from his body as he sat in silence as her eyes soon flicker elsewhere once Dalvin's very own discern over to her.

Naomi proceeded to put the key into the ignition of the car as the engine roared to life as she backed out of the house party and steered the steering wheel as the car ventured down the anonymous street as the only light that was shining was the lighting that was noticeable as a storm was starting to appreciate approach.

Dalvin kept quiet as Naomi knew something was extremely off about him due to him either talking her ear off saying something ridiculous or singing horribly to any song that popped up inside his head but never less his demeanor was slightly disturbed and silent as if something happened to him before she arrived to pick him up.

"Dalvin, are you okay-you know you can talk to me about any-"

"There isn't shit wrong with me! If I wanted to tell you something, I would've been said that shit, already!" Dalvin snapped as Naomi's eyes soon widened at his sudden outburst as she sensed a strain in his voice as if he wanted to cry.

Upon seeing a red light, Naomi soon stopped as she waited for the light to change to green as she signed heavily and looks over to Dalvin as his eyes looked dull and lifeless.

"Dalvin, did something happened to you-ya know back at the party?" Naomi asks him as he just simply ignored her as he clenched his jaw, uncontrollably as he grinds his teeth in anger, sorrow and disgust.

Looking over to the right, Naomi noticed the street was empty as the red light seem to be stuck as she groaned loudly as she soon heard a sniffle and looks over as Dalvin as he had his face covered up with his palms as he sobbed into them.

"Dalvin?" Naomi inquired as she unbuckle her seatbelt and reaches over and engulfs him into a warm hug as he buried his face in the crook of her neck as she felt the pitter patter of his tears staining her hoodie.

"It's okay" Naomi consoles him as she rubbed his cool shirtless back in a smoothing motion as she felt his hands gripped her hoodie in despair.

"I-I got setup" Dalvin cried a thousand sorrows as Naomi curled her eyebrows up in concern as she held him close as her petite hands trace their way up to the back of his head.

"By who?" Naomi asks a weeping Dalvin as she continued to comfort him.

"X" He announced as Naomi soon reaches for her phone as Dalvin noticed it and grabbed her hand before she could proceed in calling 911.