CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

"So, what did you call me out here for exactly?" Roxie grumbled as she watched as the Chinese lady painted her toe nails as her sister Rachel was getting her eyebrows arch.

"To have a sister day out with each other little sis-" Rachel soon stopped talking as Roxie lets out a aggravating groan from her vocal chords.

"I mean the little nail salon trip is great and everything but seriously Rachel... what did you want to talk about?" Roxie inquires as the middle age Asian lady soon finish painting her toenails as she gets up and Roxie slips her feet into some slippers they had out for her as she continues to seat in the chair she was occupying at the moment.

"I just wanted to see how you were holding up... ya know since the big wedding is two months from now. Are you getting any wedding jitters? I wish I was in your shoes but ya know it's whatever" Rachel smiles as Roxie rolls her eyes inside her cranium at her older sister's enthusiasm of her getting married in two more months to her digression.

"Why do you guys want me to marry Alexander? I don't even like dude. He is not the one for me! This whole thing with mom, dad, and you wanting me to marry this man knowing damn well I'm not happy at all is crazy as hell! What about what I want? Huh, what about Roxie not Rachel, Rebecca and definitely not Robert but me!" Roxie felt her heart rate speed up as her mouth became parch.

The employees and the customers of the salon stared at her with shock eyes and whispering mouths as they observe the scene between the two sisters that were a couple of years apart from each other.

"Wow, um... I never knew that you felt like that. Why didn't you tell us?" Rachel asks as she whips out a hundred dollar bill and gives it to the young woman that arch her eyebrows as she told her it was for Roxie's pedicure and her eyebrows which was charge altogether into a total of sixty dollars which she told her to keep the change.

"I have been telling y'all asses that but y'all never listen, you, daddy or momma. It's insufferable! I got a man that I really do love and care about very much and y'all just shut the idea of me and him being together out due to his past with other girls prior to me. Just because he was like that before doesn't mean he will be like that to me, don't you understand? I love Dalvin very much... I loved him before I could even understand what love was all about! I just can't throw something like that away to make momma and daddy proud of me for choosing Alexander. If they can't be proud of me being with Dalvin then so be it but I had enough. I just can't keep dealing with this... just lying to my fiancé like this... Dalvin deserves to know" Roxie broke down in tears as Rachel arches her right eyebrow up in confusion.

"Fiancé, you're planning on marrying him?" Rachel inquires as Roxie gets out of her chair and nods her head.

"Yes, he asked me in highschool and gave me a engagement ring and got me a brand new one just the other week... it would be a pleasure if you meet him one day" Roxie shows her the ring as it shine brightly in the salon.

"Congratulations, Roxie" Rachel smiles wearily as Roxie eyes her strangely of her soft tone of voice.