CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

"Wait, y-you're what?" Naomi stared at DeVante with disbelief etched over her entire being.

"Naomi... I-I'm still in love with you. Can't you see that, I just can't to seem to shake you or these feelings that I still have for you. I was foolish to think that after all that shit back in highschool with Dominic and everything else that I could just get somebody new and forget all about you. I was stupid for doing that and stupid for even trying to shake you like that. I realize that I made a huge mistake throwing those roses at you" Tears sting Naomi's eyes as DeVante confess his everlasting feelings for her that never went away.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you, I'm sorry for not believing in you and letting my mind speak for me instead of my heart that day, I'm sorry for calling you out your name, I-I'm sorry for every malicious thing I have ever thought about you. I-I fucking love you and I want you to love m-me like you love him!" DeVante found himself breaking down as Naomi noticed the fearless young man from earlier was now a morsel of his former self.

Dropping to his knees, DeVante's skinny arms latch around Naomi's waist as he broke down in front of her as Naomi looks down at the weeping mess that he had became before her very eyes.

"DeVante... come on DeVante. Please get up, come on" Naomi pleaded with him as she felt second hand embarrassment of him being on the floor and begging for her forgiveness.

"Come on, get up for me" Naomi's small hands latch onto the sides of DeVante's face as her thumbs wipe the tears away from his eyes as his glossy hazel eyes had a sense of redness to them as he sniffles whilst clenching his jaw out of habit.

Hearing a couple knocks on the door, DeVante and Naomi snap their attention to the locked bathroom door as a masculine voice then resonates from the outside a muffle tone.

"Ayo, Mo baby you alright in there... Iesha told me about you changing in the bathroom and eveything and I got your favorite from the store" Emilio's voice spoke in a concern tone of voice.

DeVante sniffles a little more as he gets up from the bathroom floor as he wipes his eyes as he shook his head as Naomi pace around trying to think of what to tell Emilio without sounding guilty.

"Yeah, Mil... I'll be out in a few... I'll see you down-shit!" Naomi swats DeVante away from her as he unexpectedly pulls her body into his very own as he squeezes her with a possessive grip.

"Are you alright baby?" Emilio inquires once again as DeVante leans down to her ear as he brush her hair back so she could hear him.

"I can't share you like this. Either you tell him about us or imma tell him my own self, Naomi. I ain't finna have no other nigga trying to get you and that's on the real" DeVante whispers to her as Naomi grinds her teeth together.

"Naomi?" Emilio calls out.

"I-I'm fine baby, I made a mistake and bumped into something in here... I'll see ya when I get out!" Naomi exclaimed as Emilio chuckles as she soon heard his footsteps descending away from the locked door to her relief.