CHAPTER FIFTY

"Attention, attention... I have an important announcement to make!" Everybody advert their eyes from their food at the long dinner table as they watched Dalvin stand up as he tapped a spoon onto his wine glass while DeVante rolled his eyes at his brother's extraness.

"Boo! You suck, sitcho ass down!" DeVante laughs as Dalvin grimaces at him very quickly before reverting back to his grin that was spread from ear to ear as he turns his attention to Roxie whom of which was staring at him in complete awe.

"Hardy har har, De... but in all seriousness... I would like to read this poem to my future wife to be, Roxie" Dalvin gestures towards Roxie as she smiles warmly at him while everybody else was ready to listen to his words.

Dalvin soon places the glass and fork back onto the table as he digs into his right pocket and pulls out a folded up paper ready to formulate the meaning of his words of affection towards Roxie.

'If you ask me what love is back when I was little... I couldn't describe it for you...
Love, it has a million definitions to it...
Here is how I would describe love...
Love is the affection you feel towards someone you want to be with...
Love is the butterflies that build up in the pit of you stomach ready to be release...
Love is between two people whom of which have found peace within each other's heart...
Love is the relationship between older couples that we idolize and strive to be like...
Love is a wonderful thing...
Love is when a mother sees her child for the first time...
Love is the caring and nurturing nature of a family...
Love is the baby that grows for nine months inside a woman's stomach...
Love is the product of two people that care for each other very deeply...
Love is when you commit to your special someone and walk down that aisle...
Love is the surging feeling through your veins and how it entices you like a drug...
Love is a drug... that a person can't get enough of...
Love is how I feel towards you,
Roxanne Alexandria Evans...
Love is you... you are love
Forever and Always'
~ Dalvin

Tears brim up in the eyes of Roxie at Dalvin's poem that was dedicated to her as Lola whom of which was sitting by her patted her back as everybody smiles well all expect for DeVante who just sat there with a poker face.

"Dalvin, I don-Oh My God!" Roxie gasps as Dalvin pulls out the new engagament ring which held bigger karats than the one that he had gave her back in their Junior year of High school.

"I wanted to give you an upgrade... your hand, Roxie" Roxie slowly lifts up her right hand as Dalvin replaces the old engagement ring with the new one as he slowly slips it on her finger as he takes her hand and pressed it up against his lips, bestowing a soft kiss as Roxie face grew hot.

"Oh my gosh, you guys!" Lola awed at the couple as everybody clapped their hands at the both of them as Roxie gets up and hugs Dalvin and kisses all over his face leaving lipstick marks all over him as he chuckles at her exuberant behavior.

DeVante shakes his head from side to side as he grasped the wine glass that had red wine poured into it as he lifts the glass up to his lips as he lets the red liquid splash down his thoart as it invaded his taste buds.