CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

"You know this is nice... just me and you walking and eating ice cream" Naomi giggles as Emilio sling his arm around her shoulder as he pulls her in closer as a few of the gang was walking ahead of them at the Cape Cod boardwalk.

"Hey, Naomi and Emilio! We finna head over to the mall around here..." Roxie notified Naomi as her and Dalvin were walking away from the duo as so was a very pregnant Lola and Jojo.

"Alright, we'll catch up with you guys later on!" Naomi waves at them as Emilio nods his head up and down along to Naomi's claim.

"Alright, we'll be back soon!" And with that Jojo, Lola, Roxie, and Dalvin make their way out of the view of Naomi and Emilio's eyes.

"You got something right there..." Emilio utters under his breath as he leans his head down and kisses Naomi's cheek as she giggles like a little schoolgirl as she returns the favor and kiss him on his cheek, also.

" Emilio utters under his breath as he leans his head down and kisses Naomi's cheek as she giggles like a little schoolgirl as she returns the favor and kiss him on his cheek, also

"I hope you didn't mind that... I hope I'm not oversteppin' any boundaries or somethin'. You were looking so cute, I just had to give you a kiss on the cheek" Emilio scratches the nape of his skin as he felt heat rose to his face as he tries to explain himself.

"There's no need to explain yourself... I liked it" Naomi smiles as her eyes stare into his mysterious small ones as they lit up with gleefulness as he gives a soft smile that made Naomi's heart skip a beat.

Naomi knew this feeling all to well, she was slowly digging Emilio even more to the point that it could be a possibility of the both of them being more than just friends but then again friends wouldn't flirt each other almost every other day... She didn't know what to call them but deep in her heart... she knew Emilio was something special and he felt the exact same about her possibly even more than she does.

"So, we never talked about you having friends when we had discuss about our lives before Hillman... I mean... I just never heard you talk about he or she or them at all if you had any..." Naomi stumbles over her words as Emilio's mind soon flash back to his two best friends since he was little and wondered what Rashaad and Caleb were up to these days... last time he heard about the both them was that Caleb quit banging and decided to actually pay attention in school even far as going to Georgia State and Rashaad was at Virginia State on an academic scholarship.

He was honestly proud of his partners in crime of how they changed and realize that the street life ain't for everybody especially Caleb... he worried more about Caleb due to his obnoxious i-don't-give-a-fuck attitude... he knew Caleb had potential and all he had to do was manifest it and take it for his own.