Chapter 2:Movie Night

10 years later: 3 weeks before Christmas

"I ordered pizza so hopefully you're not lactose intolerant otherwise you'll be hungry for the rest of our evening." Mellie rolled her eyes resting her arms on the countertop watching Liv pour them some drinks.

"Good thing I'm not." She winked at Liv making her chuckle. The shorter girl came from the kitchen with their drinks in her hand flipping the light switch off giving her apartment a movie theater kind of look.

Mellie took her drink from Liv's hands taking a small sip of the red wine. She of course preferred a harder version of drink but she'd save that for later. They got comfortable under the couch biting their bodies under a furry blanket Liv kept in her closet.

"So for the movie I'm thinking something scary. Like the second Annabella or a older one like nightmare on elm street." Mellie smiled watching as Liv practically stopped her breathing for a moment. She caught up on the fact that Liv really didn't do scary movies. All the reason to laugh as she watched the movie with her.

Liv shook her head giggling. She placed her cup of red wine on the table before putting her feet up on the couch. "No you just want to hear me scream in terror." She rested her head in the couch to prop her head with as she turned toward Mellie.

"Well that just adds to the fun now doesn't it?" Mellie couldn't help but get lost in her eyes. They were the perfect little window into the world of Olivia Pope.

"What are you staring at Mellie?" Of course Liv knew what she was looking at she just loved teasing her. Mellie moved a little closer to Liv on the couch getting all up in her personal space.

"I'm looking at you. You're a really good looking girl." Her eyes were boring into hers and Liv didn't know what else to do other than to stare back. She was so close to her she could feel her breath brushing against her face as her breathing began to get faster.

"Mellie-"

"What is it?" Liv was trying very hard to restrain herself. Mellie lips were right in front of her. They looked so soft and she just wanted to get lost in them and she would if Mellie kept playing with her.

Mellie reached out for one of Liv's curls twirling it around her finger. "I have rendered the Olivia Pope speechless. I think I need a medal. How about you?"

Mellie had been doing this for quite a while. Doing things that made Liv get all riled up. The weird thing with Liv was that she actually liked it. She sometimes wanted to kiss Mellie just to feel it, but she never did.

A loud knock on the door brought them from their trance. Liv practically jumped off the couch going toward the door. She was trying to get herself together but she was finding it hard. She was hot!

She opened the door only to come face to face with a tall blonde boy with two pizzas in his hands.

Mellie got up from the couch helping Liv take the pizzas inside. She playfull nudged Mellie over making the girl laugh. "Stop before I drop the food!" The guy stood in the hallway staring at Mellie and Liv who were laughing their asses off.

Mellie snatched Liv's wallet from her hand holding it up out of her reach. Liv hopped up trying to grab her wallet but Mellie wasn't relenting.

"The perks of being taller than 5 foot 1." She teased as Liv repeatly jumped up and down for her wallet. At one point they caught themselves too close to one another. Mellie finally dropped the wallet letting Liv get the money out.

Liv apologized to the guy before giving him the money plus a generous tip. The guy left leaving the two girls alone with eachother once more.

Mellie had already got her two pieces of pizza and was already situated on Liv's couch. "Hurry! Come and join me hot stuff!" Liv chuckled and quickly gathered her pieces of pizza. She got under the blanket with Mellie and started the movie.

"So, we're a watching Freddy Kruger? This is gonna be amazing!" Liv rolled her eyes at Mellie's teasing. The movie hadn't even really started yet and she already had the creeps but she wouldn't let Mellie know that. She looked toward Mellie in curiosity. To her surprise she was as calm as she could be happily enjoying her pizza.

"You're not hiding it very well. I can feel you shaking with fear!" Mellie used her fingers teasing running them up and down Liv's arms. The girl shivered at the contact. "See? Shivering already."

Liv licked out her tongue and turned toward the TV screen. "Watch. I'm not gonna scream not once."

***

Out of all the horror movies they had to watch the remake which was more bloody. Liv was cuddled into Mellie side hiding her face between her arms. It was a very brutal scene, she could feel that the character was about to die.

She chose to take a quick peek. Her eyes went wide as she saw the girl get ripped open in mid air before she fell to the bed dead. Blood was everywhere. Liv only burrowed her head into Mellie more praying for the movie to be over.

"I don't wanna watch this movie anymore!" She whined. Her small hands were gripping Mellie's side as she listened to the girls boyfriend scream in horror. Mellie chuckled and turned off the movie.

"The movie hadn't even really started yet. Bummer." Liv poked her side angry bringing her head from between her arms.  "Its three weeks before Christmas! Let's watch Christmas movies. Key word- wait for it- Christmas!"

Mellie thumped Liv on the nose causing her to back away slightly. Mellie didn't allow her to get too far she pulled her back into her letting her get comfortable.

"Fine. We'll watch Bad Santa." Mellie was shocked when Liv's fingers pinched her lips shut. "Screw Bad Santa! Let's watch The Grinch That Stole Christmas! Jim Carry Version though." She held her piece of pizza in her mouth and reached fro the remote putting in the title for the movie.

"Freddy Kruger and the Grinch practically look the same. Why are you not scared of him?" Liv laughed looking toward Mellie, "Easy! The Grinch makes me laugh and Freddy Kruger makes me want to never sleep again." She finished off her slice of pizza and moved to a new one.

"You're a difficult little woman." Mellie tickled Liv sides and smiled as Liv's adorable giggles filled the room. She loved her laugh.

"But you love me anyway!" She laid over Mellie's body still chuckling. A warms smile fell over Mellie's face. She didn't think Liv noticed but she did love her and not in a friendly way. She was in love with her, since the day they met.

"Yep you're right! I do." Liv gave Mellie a closed lip smile mostly because her mouth was full of pizza. Mellie grabbed Liv by the waist moving her to where she was comfortably laying in her lap.

She swallowed her pizza looking into Mellie's eyes, "Good cause I do too!"

Yay!