Chapter 18:Date Night

Liv woke up in the middle of the night alone. She slowly sat up in bed looking around her room. She sighed in relief hearing the shower water in her bathroom. Deciding to give Mellie some time to shower she got up from bed to cheak on Abby.

To her surprise Abby wasn't there on the couch.  She saw the blankets she used all folded up and stacked neatly on the arm rest of the couch. Her hands ran smoothly over the soft fabrics smiling lightly. She hoped her friend was doing well.

The snow falling outside got her attention. It was piling up on the side walks which would be perfect for the kids who loved playing in it. Just as that thoight crossed her mind two kids giggled loudly from outside rolling around in the cold snow. A faint chuckle left Liv's mouth watching as the kids had the times of their lives.

She was so entranced with watching she didn't here Mellie come from the bathroom. Only when she heard the faint click of a door closing did she turn around. Mellie stood there in the hallway her hair damp with water. Liv wasted no time in going to her.

Her soft hands made their way to her cheeks bringing her down for a soft kiss. "Good morning beautiful." She cooed running her hands through Mellie's long brown hair. Mellie's arms wrapped around Liv's waist pulling her closer into her.

She buried her head on Liv's shoulder allowing the shorter girl to gently rock their bodies from side to side. Mellie sighed, "My mom wants me to spend a weekend with her and dad."

Immediately Liv knew why Mellie was so emotional the night before. Her grip tightened around her letting her know that she was there for her. Liv moved a stray hair from Mellie's face giving her the veiw she wanted. Her brown eyes found Mellie's blue ones. They were so broken. Broken with painful memories from her past.

Her lips lightly pecked the girls forehead. "What are you gonna do? Are you gonna go?" Mellie groaned breaking the embrace. Her arms wrapped around her own body as she stepped away from Olivia.

"Yeah. I mean.... I said I was."

Liv stepped a little closer to her. "But do you want to go?"

"Yes.... No.... I dont know. Maybe."

Olivia watched as Mell fought with herself in her head. It was as if one side of her wanted to go but the other side was struggling to let her.

After a while Mellie finally looked up to face Olivia. They made eye contact speaking first with their eyes before Mellie even said anything. "I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go for my mom."

Liv smiled closing the distance between them.

"I'm happy for you. You're gonna be fine." She wrapped a nervous Mellie into her arms for a hug. She pulled away slightly cupping Mellie's face.

"And to prove it I'm gonna take you on a date."

Mellie couldnt even hide her surprise. "Really!? A date? Our very first in public date!?" The smile on her face brightened up Liv's morning. Just seeing her smile made everything okay.

Liv pecked her lips over and over both girls chuckling uncontrollably. "Yes. But it's a surprise so don't ask any questions."

Mellie sighed in disapproval. "Come on! How come I can't know!?"

A cocky grin spread over Olivia's face, "Do you trust me?" She began biting on her bottom lip something she knew drove Mellie insane. Her blue eyes traveled down to her lips suddenly very entranced with them. A little smirk of her own graced her lips. She leaned down bringing their lips within an inch of each other.

Liv's breath hitched as Mellie nipped her bottom lip. "Hell no I don't" She chuckled playfully thumping Liv's nose. Liv on the other hand wasn't having it. She shooved Mellie against the wall bringing their lips together in a searing kiss.