Chapter 22:Childish Adults

Everyone settled around the dinner table ready to eat dinner. Liv sat down next to Mellie while Frannie and Charlie sat beside eachother on the opposite side. That left the head of the table to David. He proudly took his seat ready to devour what his wife and Charlie had prepared for everyone.

It was quite awkward at first, neither person knew what to say at all. That was until Frannie spoke up. "So, how did your Christmas go?" All the attention turned toward Mellie, even Olivia who knew very well what was going on in her life considering she was a huge part of it.

Mellie looked up from her plate, her mouth full potatoes. Liv trued to hold in het chuckle but she couldn't and let out a small chuckle. David who found nothing funny scowled at her from across the table.

Both girls stopped laughing staring back at David. "It was amazing. It kinda got a little rocky but it ended on a good note. And the food was delicious all thanks to Liv." Olivia blushed playing around with the food on her plate. Its not that she wasn't hingry but she didn't expect Mellie to answer that way.

Mellie looked down at the with her eyes shining. She leaned down and pressed a light kiss over Liv's forehead. "She is truely amazing, guys."

Frannie raised her eye brows in suprise. "Olivia, you cook? Must be nice if Mel is sitting here praising you for it." Liv raised her head to meet Frannie's eyes.

"Um yeah, my mother taught me to cook." Mellie caught Liv's little flinch after saying the word mother. She knew it was a sore topic but she also knew  that she was getting better.

"She must be a great woman, I have to meet your parents sometime." Liv plastered a fake smile over her face nodding. She wasn't gonna tell them her parents were dead. They weren't there to talk about her, they were there for Mellie. Plus, she didn't want to keep saying to people that her parents were deceased.

At some point you get tired of saying jt and she was despritaly tired of saying it. She turned back toward Mellie giving her a suttle smile to let her know she was fine.

David who had been exceptionally quite the whole time spoke up. "Did Mellie tell you about her friemds here? She only had two, can you beleive it? The others weren't too fond of her."

Frannie cut him a dark look bht apparently me was enjoying Mellie squirm in her seat. "See, Melody was a weird child, she wasn't like everyone else and the others made sure to let her know that."

Mellie bowed her head, "Can you not?"

Liv stared at David through narrowed eyes ready to protect her from him. She couldn't just sit there and let him bring back all those memories.

"No, let me finish. I didn't like it that she liked women. I never did, but there were two people who loved her through all of it." He waited until Mellie looked up at him before he continued.

"I'm sitting here and I'm watching you too interact with eachother and all I can think is, you actually look happy." A small smile spread across his face before he turned his attention back toward his plate. That was all they were getting from him that night. Mellie smiled, at the though that maybe her farther was starting to see her, for who she was and who she loved. Maybe, he was changing a little.

The rest of the dinner went by without anymore bumps or awkward moments. Everyone including David laughed and joked with eachother. Mellie actaully felt like they were a stable family for once. It was a sight to see honestly, everyone was actually communicating. Shocking, at least for them.

After dinner Frannie went into the living room with David to talk with one another.

That left only Charlie, Liv and Mellie up to clean up the kitchen. Liv had the fishes while Charlie and Mellie delt with ckeaning off the table, counters and floors.