Chapter 29: The End

3 Months Later: April 10

Today was the day. Finally after months and months of preparing the day was finally here. To say Liv was anxious was an understatement. She was jumpy, skittish, and edgy all at the same time, not to mention extremely irritable about everything.

Mellie has been watching all morning as Liv ran around the house like a chicken with it's head cut off just rambling on and on about anything that came to mind. After watching her girlfriend ramble for a good 30 minutes Mellie decided it was time for her to cut in

"Babes, come here for a minute. Sit on Momma's lap." She playfully hit her thigh urging Liv to come toward her. Liv looked over at her with her big puppy dog eyes not knowing that exact look she was giving Mellie made butterfly's go crazy in her stomach.

"C'mere Princess."

Liv smiled shyly going over to Mellie. She sat on her lap allowing Mellie to scoop her up in her arms. Liv stared up at Mellie not taking her eyes off of her for one moment which Mellie seemed to thoroughly enjoy. 

"Okay I need you to calm down honey. Everything is going to go great. It's gonna be miraculous and sensational and in order to enjoy it you're gonna need to calm all that anxiety down a few notches." She took Liv's face in her hand softly tracing her cheek with the pad of her thumb.

"Otherwise, you're gonna scare everyone."

Liv sighed, "I know, but what if something goes wrong? What if they don't like my pastries? What if I kill someone because they're allergic to strawberry filling!? W-"

"Olivia Carolyn Pope if you say one more word I swear on my cousins left nipple I will duck tape your mouth shut."

Liv zipped her lips almost instantly. Mellie never called her by her full name so she knew she was being serious. She was still nervous though. She couldn't help it.

Tears began to build in her eyes which caused Mellie to soften her demeanor.

"What if I fail Mellie?"

Mellie cupped her girl's face kissing her softly over her forehead. "You're not going to fail. Stop worrying about that okay? Just...be."

Mellie trailed her kisses from her forehead down to her plump lips. She quite literally kissed away her tears. Once she was sure that Liv was okay she pulled away looking at the beauty that was in front of her.

She loved everything about her. There was no one in the world she wanted to be saving from an anxiety attack than the woman right in front of her.

"You have no idea how much I love you girlie."

Olivia giggled, "I think I have a teeny bit idea how much you do."

She stood up from Mellie's lap going back to what she was doing previously, which was looking for her purple sandal that she just couldn't seem to find.

She looked up from her task with a slight smirk on her face. "By the way, why would you swear on you cousins left nipple?"

Mellei laughed loudly from the couch shaking her head in disbelief. "I have no idea. It just came out, maybe it's because he once told me his left nipple was his favorite."

Liv shuddered while laughing, "EW!"

***

Mellie and Olivia arrived at the bakery a few hours before the grand opening would take place. The employees that Liv hired were already at work and greeted both Liv and Mellie as soon as they stepped through the door. 

The first thing Mellie saw was the name of the Bakery that Liv had decided to keep secret for the longest time.

Sweetie Pies

She thought it was so cute and creative.

"My Momma and Dad used to call me Sweetie Pie when I was little. I thought it kinda fit huh?"

Liv turned to Mellie to see her reaction of how the place looked. This was Mellie's very first time she had ever seen the bakery fully completed. It was beautiful. The colors she put together reminded her of the way her mom decorated their home. Pretty browns, beiges, whites and grays everywhere.

Not to mention that she had actual pictures of her parents hung up on the walls and displayed over the counters. The ceiling fans of the ceiling spun right at the same time, not that that was really important but Mellie thought it was pretty cool.

"How does it look babe? Do you like it?" 

Mellie looked down at Liv who had the most cutest look on her face. 

"Of course I love it!! You did amazing. They're gonna love it."

Mellie wrapped Liv in ehr arms continuing to take the place in. She was in love with it already. And just because it was a special occasion she decided it was the perfect time to do what she had been planning for months. 

While Liv had her back turned Mellie took out the small ring box from her purse. She heard some surprised gasp from the employees and she couldn't hold back her smile.

"Over there it's some candles burning, that's why it smells so good in here and then-" Liv turned around to see Mellie down on one knee not caring about her new pair of jeans she bought just for this occasion.

Liv's hands went over her mouth in shock. She stepped back a bit not knowing what to do in this situation.

"I told you I was gonna marry you. I love you Olivia, I fell in love with you the moment I saw you. You're everything to me and I want to live my whole life with you and only you." At that point not only was Liv crying but so was Mellie.

"Babe..."

"Livvie will you marry me?"

Liv stepped closer to her taking Mellie face between her hands. She fell to her knees kissing Mellie deeply. They both wrapped their arms around each other as the people in the shop applauded.

Both Liv and Mellie pulled out of the kiss to laugh.

"Of course I'll marry you!" 

Mellie then took the diamond ring and placed right on her ring finger. With the ring now on her hand she pecked over her hand lovingly.

"I love you Mellie."

"I love you too."

THE END!!!! 

I loved writing this story even though at the end I got a little slow with updates.

This was one of my favorites fanfictions to write and I thank you guys for reading it! 

I think I might do an epilogue but we shall see!

Until next time, TeddyEllieSnowBall