Chapter 13:Crushed Dreams Pt.1

Liv woke early early the next morning from none other than one of her many disturbing nightmares. Ever since Abby gave her that present she hasnt been able to live it down. It wasn't too bad so she didn't need to go right to Mellie's until she felt better so instead she got up and made herself breakfast.

Mellie went to her own apartment down the hall for the night leaving Liv alone. Today their work would start up again so she had to make sure she got to OPA before anyone else did. She really didn't want to hear Abby complain about it being too cold.

She trudged through her apartment not really having the energy to work. When she walked into her living room the first thing she saw was her puppy proudly cuddled in a ball on the couch. "Hey fur ball!" She teased the dog who responded to the sound of her voice by standing on her short stubby legs bouncing very hyperly.

Liv picked up the dog petting her furry body. "Imma name you Purla. I always wanted a dog named Purla. You're name is very special sweet pea. My momma's favorite thing in the world besides my dad was purls." In response the dog simply cuddled into her only after licking her face making Liv's heart warm. She even felt a tear come trickling down her face but she wiped it before he trickled any further.

"Too cute." She took her over to the kitchen where Mellie left the dog food as well as other necessities Liv had might needed for Purla. She sat Purla on the floor to make her food and literally in the blink of an eye Purla was very gleefully tossing around one of ther toys.

Liv watched as she bounced around with the energy of a thousand suns. "Okay, my dog has ADHD.... Good to know."

Suprisingly despite her slowness and goofing around with Purla she left her apartment on record time and headed out toward OPA, only after making sure Stephan could watch her dog until she returned. She had alot of work to catch up on and she was prepared for it. However, she wasn't entirely sure if she was ready for the cases... Atleast not anything too drastic on the first day back.

As she exited her car in the parking garage she noticed Huck already outside. Which wasn't too out of the ordinary but it was still a little too early from when he regularly showed up. Liv walked up to him.

"Morning Huck. Why you up so early? You're usually not here until later." He smiled at her in greeting as she unlocked the building.

"I figured I'd help you get the place up and running. That and I couldn't sleep really." She was about to ask what was wrong but he gave her a look telling her not to worry about it so she refrained. She went straight to the coffee machine getting herself a nice hot cup while Huck disappeared down to his office.

As she was making her coffee she heard the door open up and the very familiar footsteps walking down the hallway. Just as she thought she felt warm hands slide around her waist. Knowing exactly who it was she willing leaned into the persons body allowing herself to be held.

"Good Morning Babes." Mellie greeted kissing over her cheek repeatly. Liv hummed in approval as Mellie gently swayed her side to side in a very calming motion.

"Hi, how was your morning?" Liv took a sip of her warm coffee waiting for Mel to answer her question. She didn't have to wake too long because the taller girl immediately answered.

She giggled uncontrollably, "Very slow but that was only because I stayed up really late playing Resident Evil Four. It. Was. Everything!" She bounced up and down in excitement making Liv giggle at her giddiness.

"I'm glad you enjoyed your present." She turned around in her arms standing on the tips of her toes to kiss Mellie's lips. Liv's hands went around Mellie's shoulders pulling her closer to her. Her fingers seemed to get lost in her hair as the kiss deepened. Without knowing Liv let out a small moan which in return made Mellie let out a deep chuckle.