Chapter 3:Something's There

Mellie's eyes slowly opened to the cold breeze peeking through the bed room window. She looked down to see Olivia cuddled to her side fast asleep. She didn't even remember how they made the transition from the couch to the bed but she didn't care. She took this moment to admire Liv's beauty. Her chocolate skin and pouty lips. She was just so damn beautiful to her.

Her hands ran through the girls hair twirling the curls around her fingers before she let them bounce back in place. She saw Olivia crack a small smile in her sleep. She thought it was adorable. She thought everything Liv did was adorable. Thinking she was still asleep she went back to playing in her hair.

She didn't even realize Liv was awake and staring back at her. Only when she stopped playing in her hair and look down did she see her eyes open. She ran her index finger over the bridge of Liv's nose. "Hey beautiful." She wanted nothing more than to kiss her plump lips but she controlled herself instead content with just holding her.

"Hi. How long have you been staring at me?" She rolled out of Mellie's arms to stretch waiting for her to answer the question. She turned to face her after stretching. Now she was rubbing over her eyes.

Mellie propped her head up on her hand now playing with the ends of her own hair. "Well, not long. " Liv got up out of the bed catching to cold breeze through the window. She went to Mellie's side of the bed to close the window before she practically fell on top of Mellie.

"So, I have work today and you have work today. That means we'll meet at your apartment tonight for games right?" Mellie playfully pushed Olivia off of her both of them laughing.

"Yes, that's what that means." They both got out of the bed making their way to the living room. Liv reached up to fix Mellie's bed head. Her fingers ran through her hair smoothing it out.

"There you don't look like a crazy person anymore." She laughed at Mellie's facial expression and opened her front door to let Mellie out. "Whatever Olivia, I'll see you later!" Mellie walked out the door and down the hallway to her apartment waving goodbye before she shut her apartment door.

She hadn't been gone for even a minute and Olivia already missed her presence. She sighed before closing her own door and getting ready for work.

***

She walked into OPA with a little pep in her step but it soon subsided when she saw a certain someone in her office. She cursed under her breath looking around for her crew. She locked eyes with Abby who gave her a apologetic smile along with Quinn who was right beside her.

"Damn it." She walked into her office and behind her desk right in front of Fitz Grant. Her ex. Usually seeing him would make her excited but not this time. Her heart belonged to someone else. She loved Mellie.

He ran his hands through his brown hair with a smirk on his face. "You're not answering my calls." Liv rolled her eyes resting her head on her hand.

"Im done. I told you I was done we're over. You cheated on me remember? With uh, the blonde girl? It doesn't matter. Im done with you." She was quick and to the point she didn't need him coming out of nowhere and ruin her good mood. She had things to do and the last thing she needed was him distracting her.

"But you still love me right? I still love you." His eyes were begining to water with unshed tears.

"I don't love you anymore. I love someone else." She could feel her heart rate increase just thinking about her. Her brown hair and blue eyes. She didn't even realize she was smirking until Fitz told her.