Chapter 7:"I'm Sorry"

8 Days Until Christmas:

Liv stood in her kitchen staring at the invitation in her hand. She hadn't seen Mellie since their little spat and truthfully she hated herself for how things happened. This is why she didn't want to reveal her feelings. She didn't want to lose her and that's exactly how she feels right now. It feels like she lost her.

She sighed placing the invitation on the counter before she rumaged through her fridge for something to snack on until lunch. Abby and Harrison insisted on taking her to lunch to "brighten" her mood, but she didn't feel up to it. She had even though about canceling.

She looked through the fridge and decided on just making herself a nice sandwich. She was told by many people she made the best sandwiches and Mellie loved them, she didn't really get why though. To her they were just well put together sandwiches.

As she was making her sandwich she couldn't help but peek the snow falling out of her window. For the first time since their fight a smile graced her face but it didn't last long as she heard a heavy knock on her front door.

She washed off her hands before she went to answer. To her suprise Fitz was at the door flowers in hand all wrapped up in his winter coat. "Can we please talk?" He seemed genuine enough so she nodded and stepped out of the way to let him inside. As she was going to close the door she heard Mellie's contagious loud laugh from the hallway.

She was walking along side Emily who had her arm linked between Mellie's. Just like two days ago a anger boiled up inside the pit of Liv's stomach. Her eyes narrowed as she watched them stand in front of Mellie's door. The brunette looked up for a quick second to spot Liv staring at them. The anger in her eyes caught Mellie a little off guard but despite that she kindly waved and smiled then went inside her apartment.

Liv slammed the door shut startling Fitz a bit. He was already getting out of his coat when Liv stopped him. "Your not staying long don't bother." She stormed past him back into the kitchen where she continued making her sandwich.

"When will you stop hating me? I came to make peace, I accepted you wouldn't take me back I'm not here to beg. I just want good ground okay?"

Liv caught his eyes looking deep into him, "You're still with her aren't you? The blonde... What's her name... Um... Jessica? Does Jessica know you're with you ex right now giving her flowers and chocolate?"

He chuckled a bit gently placing the flowers and candy on the small coffee table by the couch. "Actually she's in the car."

Liv let out an obnoxious laugh, "Oh wow! Let's invite her up here too! We wouldn't want her to feel left out now do we?" She put the top on her sandwich and waltzed right passed Fitz to her couch.

She watched him pull out his phone, "If you don't mind. I was gonna do that anyway. We want to explain." She listened to his rather quick conversation with his girlfriend and not even a minute later she was knocking on the door. To say Liv was suffering on the inside was understatement she felt like going to the nearest bridge and plumenting herself off of it.

The past she had suppressed for many years was rearing its ugly head. Many dark and lonely moments flooded through her mind as she listened to the two of them giggle. She watched them take off their coats and hang them on her coat rack all while dealing with her inner demons.

"Do you mind if we sit?" Fitz asked gestering toward the seat beside her. She took a deep breath to calm her self down before she finally looked up at them. It was the first time she had ever really seen the girl her cheated on her with. She couldn't lie she was a pretty girl and she could've snagged any guy yet she went for hers.