Chapter 21:Sacred Place

Mellie and Liv stood from the bed walking past her angry farther. Neither had the time nor the need to explain to him why they were there. All they wanted to do was spend time together for a while before they had to sit down for dinner later. Only then did they really want to communicate with him until then, they'd rather he leave them be.

Mellie walked up to Frannie who was preparing dinner with Charlie. "Mom, me and Liv are gonna stroll around the neighborhood. We'll be back before dinner." Frannie dried her hands off before grabbing a small list from the counter.

"That's fine Melody. Do you think you could stop by the store and pick these up for me? I forgot some ingridients, can you beleive it?" She chuckled handing the small list to Mellie. A warm smile fell over Mellie's face as she took the list from her mother. She couldn't help but get a little worried though. Her mother always had great memory so she couldn't help to be on edge a little.

Her mothers soft hand carressed Mellie's. "I'm fine Mel don't go worrying about me." She was lying, Mellie could tell but she figured she'd tell when she was ready, so instead of making a fuss Mellie simply took the list.

Liv who was stading right beside Mellie turned toward Charlie who was abnormally quite all of a sudden. She figured he was a pretty loud outspoken person but now he's just...quite. Along with David who was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Something wasn't right.

Mel reached out for Liv's hand then lead her out of the house. The two got inside of the car. It was a little silent as Mellie racked her mind around everyones really weird behavior.

"I'm pretty sure she's fine." Liv reached over placing her lips over Mel's soft cheek. She immediatly calmed herself down turning toward Olivia. Her blue eyes met with Liv's brown ones as she lovingly glared at her.

Mellie pulled her closer capturing her lips. "Let's go to the store." Liv reluctantly pulled away getting comfortable in the passeneger seat while Mellie pulled out of the drive way.

They drove in comfortable silence until they arrived at the store. Mellie hoped put the car and hurried to Liv's size to help her out. Just to get a little kick out of it instead of simply letting her down she scooped her up in her arms. Liv squeeled in shock as Mellie kicked the door shut and walked with her in her arms through the parking lot.

"Mellie! Put me down, people are staring!" She giggled uncontrollably as curious glares came their way. Mellie shook her head still happily prancing around.

"So? We're having fun aren't we?" She twirled around causing Liv to sqeaul again this time while laughing. Only when they got to the front of the store did she let Liv down on the ground.

Her small hand playfully smacked Mellie's arms as Mell wrapped her arms around her waist. They walked into the crowded grocery store and grabed a cart.

Since Mellie had been to that store for mostly all her child hood she knew where mostly everything was they were collecting the items pretty quickly. They were down to the last three things on the list when someone called Mellie's name from across the store.

"Melody!" A tall blonde woman trotted up to Mel pulling her I told a hug completely ignoring Liv who was standing right beside her. Olivia could tell Mellie was really shocked to see the random woman because of her face. She looked both confused and irritated. Clearly this is someone she didn't really like or care for.

Mellie pulled away from the hug turning toward Olivia. "Liv, this is Hannah, Hannah this is my girlfriend Olivia." Liv smiled reaching her hand out to her but the blonde just stared at her blankly.

It took some time but she reluctantly reached out to shake her hand. Liv caught bad vibes from her but decided to remain civil. She didn't want to cause a scene for nothing.