Chapter 14:Crushed Dreams Pt.2

Liv got comfortable in the back of her dads big van making sure her stuffed animal was tucked firmly at her side before she buckled in her seat belt. Just as she expected Eli willfully put on her favorite Disney movie The Lion King.

That's right, Liv was a big kid. Slept with a stuffed animal named Ellie and watched Disney with absolutly no shame. Not your average 14 year old but it worked for her. Plus she figured it was better than selling drugs on the corner. Would her parents rather her watch PBS kids every morning or stay out late giving it up to strangers? She found it a pretty nice deal.

Maya and Eli looked back just to make sure she was comfortable before pulling out of the drive way. Maya took one more quick glance at Liv who was completely distracted by her movie then set the GPS for the trip. Just like always once they hit the highway Liv began screaming about having to go to the bathroom.

"Olivia Carolyn Pope, we asked you if you had to go to the before we left home."

Liv whined throwing her head back, "But mooooom! I didn't have to go then! But I do now, I'm gonna explode back here!" She whined in agony while her parents just laughed at her from the front of the car only making her suffering worse.

"Well hold it, the next exit isn't until a few more miles. You'll be fine, besides if you do end up 'exploding' you're the one cleaning it up." Eli laughed as Liv let out a high pitched "Ew" from the back seat. He watched as she pulled her stuffed animal toward her and resumed the movie. She even laid down in the back seat to get more comfortable. He let out a soft chuckle turning his full attention back toward the road.

There was nothing in the world that he loved more than his Little Livvie. She was his everything, only her and his wife held the true key to his heart. Maya laid a gentle kiss over his cheek bringing him out of his trance.

With a smile on your face she said, "That so your daughter back there. That whole tantrum was your genes." He gasped shocked at her assumption.

"No way! She gets her sturbburness from you! At least admit that much."

They heard Liv cackle from the back seat. "Me and Ellie can hear you! Keep it down Simba is coming to life back here!" She playfully stuck out her tongue at her parents once again making all of them chuckle. They continued their drive exiting for a quick moment ro give Liv a some what respectable public bathroom to use.

The only one they could think of that was clean enough was a grocery store near by so that's where they went.

"Finally! My bladder couldn't take it much longer momma." Liv teased pushing between her mother and farther who gleefully put their arms around her neck as they walked toward the entrance of the store.

Eli ruffled her hair, "Whatever dork, next time go to the bathroom before we leave? Thanks." They entered the store and Liv went straight to the bathroom while her parents went to go get some snacks for the rest of their drive. Once everything was taken care of they got back in the car and headed back toward the highway.

As they were getting back on the highway they didn't notice a speeding truck headed right for them. She tried to alert her farther but it was too late the truck struck their car sending them flipping bumping into other cars until they finally stopped. She saw her farther literally disappear from her eyes along with her mom as she continued to flip around the car. Her damn seatbelt broke sending her flying every which way.

The car landed upside down which meant Liv was on the hood of the car covered in glass. Everything hurt expecially her face and lower body.

She whimpered in pain as she began pulling her body out the back window and into the street. Probably not a wise decision on her part but she couldn't help but see two figures in front of the car and she dreaded already knowing what it was.