Chapter 4

Indie's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 10:10 when we get off the flight. By the time we got to LA, Cam and I were practically best friends. It's strange what 40 minutes on a plane with someone can do to you. I felt like I had known him for at least 5 years.

We were planning on having lunch with the guys so I could get to know everyone but it wasn't time yet so we had time to spare.

"Well. What do you wanna do?" Cam asked.

"I don't know. I've never been here before. What can we do?"

"We could go to the zoo, sea world, the -"

"BEACH!?" I screamed. I don't know why I was so excited. I'd been to the beach plenty of times before but San Diego was known for its beaches. And I really needed a tan.

"Wow! have you not been to the beach before or something?"

"What? No! I have. I just... I don't know, I'm just excited." I said, getting a little defensive.

"Why?" he asked, while a small smirk grew across his face. "Is it because you can't wait to see me shirtless?"

"Ew! Your gross." I said, rolling my eyes jokingly.

I playfully pushed him.

He laughed and said, "It's ok. I know it's hard to resist all of this!"

He smoothed his hands over body.

"You just think you're the shit don't you?" I asked, smiling at him.

"No. I KNOW I'm the shit."

"Whatever."

I turned and started walking towards the exit. Cameron stood there awkwardly before realizing that he should be walking too, and followed behind me.

We rented a car and drove to the beach.

~At The Beach~

I made Cam get out and turn around while I changed in the back of the rented Mercedes. I felt awkward but what else was I supposed to do? Change in the middle of the beach?

I got out of the car wearing a light pink bikini with with three horizontal slits on the sides that held the bottoms together and a halter strap top. When I got out Cameron stared just a little too long so I tried to come up with something to say.

"I'll race you to the water?" I said.

"Loser buys the other person a Slurpee on the way back."

"Than you better pull out your wallet now." I said, getting a head start.

I got there first. Probably only because of my head start though. I stopped at the edge of the water, gasping for air and laughing at the same time.

When he finally got to me he didn't stop running. In one swift move he picked me up, slung me across his shoulder so that is was facing behind him, and ran into the water.

I started slapping his back, screaming for him to put me down but still laughing. Finally when we got deep enough he said,

"Fine! Fine! I'll put you down."

There was a pause as I waited to be released.

"As long as you let me take you back here tomorrow before the event." He said, slyly.

"No." I said trying to hide a smile.

"Ok... Then I'll drop you right here."

...