Chapter 18

Indie's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had almost gone two full weeks without saying anything about the kiss, but I couldn't go one full day without thinking about it.

Usually Cam and I went to the beach together every Friday but we hadn't since we kissed.

It was almost the end of summer so I threw a little party before school started again. All the guys came down to L.A. for it, and I invited some of my school friends, and a few other people.

"Carter, god! Do you have to hit on every girl here?" Cam asked.

"What are you talking about?" he replied, defensively.

"Stop trying to get every girl you meet into bed."

"I don't give a crap about most of the girls here, I'm just trying to have a little fun. Chill, ok?"

"I can't chill! Leave Laney alone when she gets here, that's it."

"I can't talk to her?"

"No."

"Look at her?"

"No."

"Well she's going to be in the same house as me so what so you want me to do!?" Carter raises his voice.

Why was Cam so irritable today? carter was just being Carter, and joking around, like he always does.

"Cameron, it's not a big deal. Let it go!" I said.

"No! I can't let it go. Carter is really pissing me off, always going after other peoples' girls. It's annoying as fuck!"

Everybody in the room was staring now. Cam needed to stop. What the fuck was wrong with him?

"That's really funny, Cam!" Carter said, sarcastically.

"Oh yea? What's funny about it?"

"It's funny because I wasn't the one who kissed my best friends girlfriend!"

My mouth dropped open and so did Cam's. I could feel my heart thumping in my chest harder than it ever had before. All I could think about was how I could kill Carter and get away with it, I was so pissed. My eyes started watering and my head started to burn.

"Who's your best friend?" Nash asked. His eyes were red.

I looked away. I couldn't bare seeing his face.

"You, idiot." Carter continued.

"Carter stop!" I yelled. Tears were running down my face now.

"Did you kiss him back?" Nash asked me.

"Nash, you know I love you."

"Answer my question! Please! Did you?"

I felt like I owed it to him to at least tell the truth.

"At first... no."

"But you did." Nash stared out the window, speechless. As I watched him, tears slowly fell down his face.

"Nash it was nothing. I promise."

"It's hard to trust anybody when your girlfriend cheats on you with your best friend." he said.

This was worse than him being mad.

"Nash -"

"Indie, please. Just... shut up, ok?"

"But I -"

"Stop."

He grabbed his stuff and started to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

"You don't get it. We are over. No, not we, there is no we anymore. You and I are over."

I watched him walk down the drive way to his rental car.

"I love you!" I yelled, hopelessly.

"How about you tell Cam that!" he yelled back.

"Tell Cam what?" a familiar voice asked.

"Fuck fuck fuck!"

Laney walked up the drive way.

"What's up with Nash?"

I didn't say anything, just walked back into the house, sat on the couch, and started crying. It wasn't over yet, though. Somebody still had to explain everything to Laney.

"You slut!" Laney screamed at me, as she left.

I kept crying, curled up in a little ball in the corner of the couch.

Everybody had left by now except for Mahogany, Carter, and Cam.

I slowly looked up towards Carter.

"What the fuck?!"

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that. It just slipped out."

"Ugh, Carter, cut the bullshit. Nash will never forgive me now. He meant the world to me! What the fuck was that?!"

"I-I don't know what you want me to say..."

"Nothing, just...get out."

He slowly exited.

"I'm sorry." he said before walking out the door.

"So um... you guys kissed?" Mahogany asked.

I glared at her.

"Why?"

"It was an accident."

Her and Cam were sitting on the couch, next to me now.

"I don't think so. You hade a choice. So why did you choose to kiss him?"

"Mahogany, what are you talking about?"

I was irritated and wanted to be alone, but at the same time I couldn't be. I needed somebody to lean on and Mahogany and Cam were the best two people. Mahogany was my best friend besides Cam, and maybe right now wouldn't have been the best time to need Cam, considering the circumstances, but he just went through the same thing I did.

"I'm saying that you chose to kiss Cam. You could've chosen to kiss anybody but why Cam?"

"Because, it's easy to fall for a person who cares so much about you!"

"Fall?" Cam questioned.

"How can I feel like, without Nash my world will crumble, and love him as much as I say I do, but at the same time feel like this is supposed to happen? I'm devastated but I'm-I'm-... I can't even say it, I feel so bad."

"You're what?"

"Almost... happy." I said hesitantly.

"If Nash asked for me back, I would say yes, but if he didn't I feel like it would be ok."

Mahogany let a huge grin spread across her face.

"What's funny?" I asked.

"Nothing. I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ok bye."

It was just me and Cam left now. We say in silence for what felt like hours but was probably just a couple minutes. I was waiting for Cameron to say something first but couldn't stand the silence.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why what?"

"Why do you love me so much? How can you love me so much? I've dated two other guys but you still waited. What's so great about me?"

"Everything. You're perfect. Not perfect, but my perfect. I couldn't imagine life without you, it would be so.... I don't even know. Just, not good."

"I want to tell myself I'll hate myself after this but honestly, I think I'd be lying."

"After wh-"

I cut him off by kissing him. We made out for a couple of minutes. How could I do this less than 30 minutes of me and Nash breaking up?