Chapter 26

Cam's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I need to use the restroom. I'll be right back." Laney said.

This was my chance. The second she was out of sight a darted to the other side of the table and started looking through her purse.

No laptop, but of course her phone was in there. That would have to be good enough.

She walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm really sorry, but I just got a text, and I really have to go."

"Oh, really? That sucks."

"Yea, I know but it's kind of important."

"Ok. Love you Cam." She said, hugging me.

"Yea, ok, bye." I said hurriedly, rushing out of the restaurant.

I got into the rental and drove back to the hotel as quickly as I could.

I parked and sprinted into the lobby, waiting at the elevator. Once it finally came down, a familiar face walked out of the elevator.

"Nash? Hey, where are you going?"

"Um, no where, it's not really that important."

"Laser tag with Indie, Matt and Taylor, huh?"

"Yea. I'm really sorry man."

"No, it's fine."

It's really was though, because soon Indie would want to spend a lot more time with me.

"Se you later, dude." Nash said, leaving.

I got into the elevator and rode up to our floor. Once I was in my room I took Laney's phone out of my back pocket.

I searched through her text messages first. A conversation with some kid named Jake.

The last text was the day that Indie left me.

Laney: "Thanks so much for helping me. This has got to work."

Jake: "Np it was super easy hacking into his phone."

Laney: "I'll call you if I need anything else."

Jake: "cool. bye.👌"

I took a picture with my own phone but wasn't sure if this was enough evidence, so I kept searching through the phone.

I pressed the mail app on her screen and scrolled down until I found a few emails from the day she hacked into my phone.

It read,

hey baby I'm stuck with indie this weekend but I promise we can hookup when I get back

The email was to a "hacked number" from a "hidden email"

I pressed the part that said "hidden email" and Laney's email appeared. This was perfect. I took another picture with my phone.

I quickly drove back to the restaurant to give the cashier Laney's phone.

"If a teenage girl comes back looking for this, don't tell her I gave it to you." I commanded.

"Sure thing."

Once I was back at the hotel I laid on my bed and fell asleep.

(A/N: Sorry for the really short chapter. I was really stuck on how to write this one, and that's why it's so bad.)