Chapter 27

Indie's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were watching our third movie in a row. Nash and Taylor were laying on the floor, and Matt and I were on the couch.

It was really late at night and I was starting to fall asleep. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"I've got it." I said.

I stepped over Taylor and made my way to the front door.

I open it and I'm not surprised to see Cameron standing there.

"What do you want? We're kind of busy."

"Indie stop. I can understand that you hate me right now but just stop."

I stared at him. I did not see that coming.

"I'm sorry, I'm just pissed and excited and tired and I really need to talk to you. But before I even do this I need to know one thing..." He said. "Do you still love me? Even a little bit?"

I opened my mouth to say something but Matt interrupted, which was good because I wasn't even sure what I was going to say.

"Cam. What are you doing here? Leave."

"Matt I just-"

"Seriously. This isn't cool."

I turn to Matt.

"Can we just have a second?" I asked.

He sighed and took a step back.

I took Cam's wrist and lead him outside. It was really cold out, and I was only wearing a tank top and shorts. Cam noticed and gave me his jacket.

"Thanks."

"So would you ever even want to be with me again?" He asked again.

I thought about it for a few seconds.

"I don't want to say yes because what you did makes me sick, but I do really love you still." I said, tears threatening to spill out.

"I want to show you something."

He pulled his phone out of his back pocket, pressed a few things on the screen, then turned the phone so I could see the screen.

My mouth dropped open and the tears poured out uncontrollably. He really was telling the truth this whole time.

I put my arms around his neck, and rested my head on his shoulder. I had never felt so bad in my entire life.

"I'm so sorry. So, so sorry. I should gave trusted you. I should have known you would never do anything like that to me!"

"It's ok." He combed his fingers through my hair.

I cried harder because I missed him so much.

"I love you so much." I told him.

"I love you more."

We stood there, in the cold, hugging, for probably three minutes. It didn't feel long enough though.

"What about Matt?" He asked.

"Give me sometime to tell him."

"Ok. I have to go but promise me one thing before I go..."

"Yes?"

"Never leave me like that again."

That was the easiest promise I had ever made.

"Of course."

He handed me my engagement ring, winked, and walked back to his car.

I put it on and went back inside. Matt was waiting for me.

My eyes were still kind of red from crying.

"Are you ok?" He asked, concerned.

"I'm fine." I answered, as I took Cam's jacket off and set it by the door.

"Good. Let's finish the movie."

He kissed my forehead and we walked back to the couch.

When I told Matt I loved him, I wasn't lying, but when I told Cam I loved him it meant more than it did when I told Matt. I wasn't going to lie to myself, I loved Cam more, and I always would.

*

I woke up, on the couch. I checked the time.

4am. I was only asleep for about three hours.

Nash and a Taylor were passed out in a mattress of pillows, and Matt was curled up in a ball, in the corner of the couch.

I quietly got up, snuck to the front door to get Cam's jacket, and went upstairs to my bedroom. I put the jacket on and fell back asleep in it.