Chapter 21

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER GETS A LITTLE BIT GRAPHIC. I SUGGEST NOT READY IT UNLESS YOU'RE OVER 14.

Indie's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all had an amazing time at the beach, swimming and eating. We stayed a little bit longer than expected and had to rush back to our places to pack for our flight to the next stop on the MAGCON TOUR. Jack, Carter and Matt stayed at my house, Nash and Hayes at their hotel, and Cam at his house.

When Jack, Matt, Carter and I started packing I kept asking them for advice on what to bring.

"Do you think this outfit is cute?" Or maybe with this tank instead?"

"Sure." Matt responded.

"Which one!?" I pleaded.

"Indie, we have no idea. I literally have two pairs of Khakis, three tanks, and a hoodie." Jack said.

"We're going to be there for a week and that's all you have?"

"That's all I brought here."

"You guys are hopeless!"

"Look, I know you want to look good in front of Cam but you could honestly wear a trash bag in front of him and he would still think your beautiful." Carter told me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Guys I know, I just like to look nice."

"You always look nice. I promise." Matt assured me.

I sighed but smiled. I went back to my room to finish packing.

A couple hours later we were all at the airport waiting to board the flight. Mahogany was with us now.

"Hey, I'm gonna go get some snacks for the plane. You want something?" Cam asked.

"Sour patch. Thanks."

"Does anybody else want anything?"

"I'll just come." Mahogany said.

"Same." Jack, Hayes, Carter and Nash said.

After they all left it was just me and Matt.

He took off his headphones just as I was about to put mine on.

"Indie."

"Yea?"

"Um, can we talk?"

That phrase used to scare me but after everything that has happened since I joined MAGCON I'm not afraid of what's going to happen. And honestly I don't know what he could possibly say that could make me super upset.

"Of course. What's up?"

"I uh... I don't know how to say this... Or even why I'm saying this but I just... I would feel so much better if you knew, and please don't freak out on me or get mad."

I narrowed my eyes.

"What is it?"

He sighed and looked around a bit before saying,

"I think I'm in love with you."

My eyes immediately widened. I was wrong. There was something he could say that would make me upset.

"God dammit Matt!"

I could've slapped him at that moment.

"I-I-I'm not-I don't..." he was at a loss of words and so was I.

I sat back and put my headphones on. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Matt staring at me. I dared to look back at him I caught a quick glimpse of a tear before he quickly looked away.