Eight

Chaeyoung was eyeing the door the nth time with a worried expression when she finally saw Lisa coming down the stairs with a polite smile on her face. As she walked to their table, Chaeyoung sighed with relief. Everyone was bombarding her with questions, they were in people's eyes but it still counted, since she and Lisa were never seen separated.

"Hey, guys," Lisa said, sitting beside Chaeyoung. She could see her friend relax. When she glanced through the table she didn't see Yoongi, Jisoo and Jin.

"Where're Jisoo unnie and Jin oppa?" she asked to Chaeyoung, then looked at Namjoon who was watching her with an interesting look in his eyes.

"She said she'd be late," her friend explained. "Something about her little brother I think."

"Hyung will come after his shift," Namjoon said, still looking at Lisa from head to toe.

"What's wrong oppa?" Lisa fidgeted before she could ask about Yoongi.

"Nothing, nice blouse," Namjoon said nonchalantly. His eyes darted to her wrists. "That looks good on you," he added with a smile.

Lisa looked at her right wrist on which she was wearing her silver star-bracelet over the sleeve of her new blouse.

Before she had come here, Jimin had suddenly taken her to some boutique because of her 'complains about the damn bracelet' and bought her a black, very long sleeved, tight turtleneck which would hide both her hickeys and bruised wrists. He hadn't forgotten to make some suggestive and inappropriate compliments, too, to which Lisa had just rolled her eyes.

"Thank you, oppa," Lisa said with a soft look on her eyes and a sweet smile on her lips.

She wondered why Namjoon wasn't sitting across her instead of sitting across Chaeyoung which left the seat before Lisa empty. Just as when she was thinking that maybe it was for Jin, the one and only Jeon-fucking-Jungkook came and sat right in front of her. Their eyes met for a second, and then Lisa quickly turned her head and shot a death glare to Chaeyoung, who was extremely busy with inspecting the menu despite the fact that she always ordered the same thing. She knew Chaeyoung was the one behind this brilliant plan. Lisa didn't look at him twice and took the menu, inspecting it with a growing interest.

After they placed their orders and there was nothing left but to talk, Lisa raised her head, preparing herself to his gaze. But he wasn't looking at her, to her surprise. So she didn't look away and watched him play with his phone, write a text to someone and browse something on the internet. His head tilted down, his fringe falling into his big, clear and widened eyes, his pink lips slightly apart. She realized she had never looked at him up close.

"So," Chaeyoung whispered with a voice only for Lisa's ears, leaning to her. "How was your mochi?"

Lisa shot her a glare, "Perfect, thank you very much."