Eighteen (Part 3)

A/N: Look at me guys, updating once a month. lmao, guess this is what we do now. sorry for making you wait, as always ●︿● so yeah, I have 3 things to say:

1. The end is right around the corner so you won't be suffering for long<3

2. This chapter contains mature content ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3. And thank you for 60K reads, you guys deserve the world <3 I love you all so much <3

 And thank you for 60K reads, you guys deserve the world <3 I love you all so much <3

Nothing is free in this world. If you want something, you have to pay the price.

Everything has a price.

Everyone has a price.

Kim Taehyung had learned this in the hard way since he was a child.

He was five when their small family business went bankrupt. He can still remember the eerie atmosphere in the house – like the happiness would never come back to their lives.

He was six when his father sold his 14-year-old sister to some people in an exchange for their family business. He can still remember the strangled screams of his mother's; desperate and powerless, the way her beautiful face contorted into a painful expression so haunting that he knew it'd forever be ingrained in his mind. He recalled the way his sister's lips quivered at the news as she pleaded incessantly to their father for freedom from her demise. The scaffolding that held up their very beings quickly shattered after his grandmother's mourning; his father's stony expression through it all became the breaking point of their lives.

He was seven when their little family business got bigger when his sister made her 'husband' happy with giving him a child. He can still remember the smug expression on his father's face when him, his parents and grandmother moved to a bigger house.

He was eight when his grandmother died, not being able to handle the pain his father caused anymore. He can still remember his father's blank expression during the funeral.

He was ten when his older sister was beaten to death by her 'husband' because she couldn't give birth to a boy. He can still remember the scent of the flowers around her coffin.

He was eleven when his mother got sick because of her grief. He can still remember the disinfectants' smell in her hospital room when the doctors said it was too late for her.

He was fifteen when his father was killed by a hitman. He can still remember the moment he transferred the money to the hitman's account and how the dark red blood created a pool around his father's lifeless body.

He was nineteen when he sold the company, bought a nice house in Jeju for his mother and went to Brooklyn to study law. He can still remember how his mother cried at the airport, holding onto him as if for dear life.