two.

1/14/17

phil lester frowned, watching the boy walk away. that was a weird situation, to say the least. maybe phil was just used to getting his way, but he didn't think so.

that was just weird.

he sighed, shrugging it off. he wasn't sure where liam had gone, but he assumed it was back to their shared dorm. phil didn't really want to go back there just yet, it smelled like pot, phil needed a break.

he started towards eva's room. as if perfume was better than weed.

he knocked three times when he got there, shoving his free hand in his jacket.

"who is it?" eva's voice was a bit bratty, but she had the ability to make it soft if she needed to. phil kind of loved that about her. he had once compared her to a siren, and received a sharp smack over the head. he smiled at the memory now.

"it's me, babe."

"alright, me, come on in."

phil chuckled, opening the door. his girlfriend was sitting on her bed, bending over and struggling to strap on a pair of high heels. phil leaned against her wall.

"going somewhere?"

"yeah," she responded, her voice a bit stressed from the effort she was putting in. "party."

phil frowned. he hadn't been aware of any parties happening that night.

"who's?"

she looked up, and her strawberry blond hair spilled over her shoulders. her hair always looked like she had spent hours working on it, running a brush through it over and over until it was perfect.

"annie. apparently she got into some advanced college or something, and she's leaving," eva explained.

"oh." phil's brow furrowed. annie was one of her best friends. "are you sad?"

eva shrugged. "kind of."

phil hummed, moving over to stand over her, reaching out to play with her hair. eva slapped his hand away. "can i help in any way?"

"i don't think so." she got her other shoe on, standing up and kissing his cheek. "don't worry about it, baby." she chewed on a cherry colored lip. "i'm sorry i can't spend time with you tonight... you could come to the party, if you wanted."

phil thought for a second before shaking his head. "no... that's okay. i'll probably just go on a walk around campus."

eva nodded, kissing him briefly on the mouth, likely leaving a red print.

"we'll go out tomorrow, okay? or we can watch movies, whatever you want."

phil nodded again. "alright."

she smiled, pleased, before grabbing a bag that was sitting on her bed and starting for the door. after she was gone, phil sat on her bed, playing with one of her pink stuffed animals. finally he stood, tossing it back up to the pillows. he really did need a walk.

he went back to his dorm first, grabbing a grey sweatshirt, trading it with the letterman jacket. he emerged, running his fingers through his hair and leaving the building.

it was cold outside, and he had no doubt that it would rain later. he walked across the grass, finding the concrete path that he usually walked on. it led to a small blue gazebo, where he sometimes went to think.

he had taken eva there once, but he hadn't done it again since. she hadn't thought it was much. phil thought small things like that were everything.

he sat on the bench when he got there, right when it did start to rain. he sighed, breathing in the chilly air and shoving his hands in his pockets.

he was just wondering if he could wait out the rain here or if he should just walk through it when he saw a figure starting towards the structure. they were running, jogging, wet hair falling in their eyes. on closer inspection, phil realized it was that boy from earlier. the new one.

dan.

before he could stop himself, he called out to him, waving.