thirty five.

"more longer updates soon" lmao

-

5/1/17
128.5 lbs.

dan howell whirled around in the spinning chair as soon as he heard the knock on his door, jumping up and rushing to open it. andy watched him with a frown on his face as he flung it open and nearly jumped a surprised looking phil.

"baby!" he gasped through a laugh, wrapping his arms around dan's waist and lifting him off the ground. dan shrieked and kissed his face, peppering the area around his mouth with chaste kisses.

the past few months had been... a lot. dan wasn't quite sure how he had made it through all of it, getting hit with so many feelings so suddenly. it was on the brink of overwhelming after feeling alone for so long, and he was terrified of losing phil, having never had a relationship like this before.

but his most prominent emotion was happiness.

phil was wearing a heavy jacket and a soft brown scarf was wrapped around his neck, even though it was the beginning of summer. even if it was summer, it was raining outside, and even in their room it was a bit chilly. phil had assured him it would be hotter where they were going. dan grinned and tugged on the scarf, and phil smiled at him.

"are you packed?" phil asked him. dan beamed, nodding and motioning toward his suitcase that was sitting on his bed.

"yes. i just finished."

phil's grin widened somehow and he leaned over to kiss him without warning. dan gasped and kissed him back almost instantly.

"i'm right here," andy said loudly, aggravated, rolling his eyes heavily. dan giggled and shrugged at phil.

"we should go."

"that we should."

phil picked up his bag easily, and dan gave him a look. "i can carry it."

"i'm aware you can," phil told him with a crooked smile painting his lips. "but the problem is, i won't let you."

dan shoved him on the way out the door.

phil had already called a taxi, and it pulled up just when they got outside. it was still raining, and dan was quickly getting very wet. he was just started to climb in when something stopped him.

"wait!" katie ran down the stairs like a speed demon, pink hair bouncing behind her. she nearly slipped in a puddle, sliding to a harsh stop in front of them and leaning over to catch her breath. "you- are- not leaving- without- saying goodbye," she panted, glaring at him.

dan laughed, hopping back out of the car and giving her a tight hug. "i'm sorry."

"use a condom," she muttered in his ear, and for a second she actually sounded serious. dan's cheeks were heating up rapidly when she laughed, and he punched her in the arm.

"i'll see you in three weeks, bitch."

she grinned at him, pushing him away jokingly. dan watched her hug phil, biting his lip. he swore he heard her whisper thank you, but he couldn't be sure while it was raining the way it was.

phil ushered dan inside the taxi while the driver put their bags in the back.

the drive to the train station wasn't too long, but dan still rested his head on phil's shoulder and let himself drift off for a second. all this was really exhausting him, he had been anxious about this trip for weeks. what if phil's parents didn't like him?

what if phil's parents thought he was fat?

phil's hand found dan's from under the jacket that was draped over their laps like a blanket, as if he could read dan's mind, and he squeezed. dan squeezed back, sighing. he couldn't help those thoughts... he figured they would always be there.

"hey," phil muttered under his breath, squeezing his hand again. "you look really good today."

dan could have cried. how did he always know the right thing to say? dan truly didn't deserve someone like him.

"shut up." dan nuzzled closer to him, pressing his face into his shoulder.

the train station was packed, but with phil holding his hand the entire time, dan got through it, and before he knew it they were on a train. dan felt happy again, bubbly and (mostly) excited.

dan sat near the window and phil took the aisle seat, which allowed dan to point out various sights out the window, squeezing phil's shoulder to get his attention. dan thought that after this trip phil would have a rather big bruise from dan's fingers digging into his skin, but phil didn't seem to mind at all.

"do you really think they'll like me?" dan asked him, after he had gotten tired of counting dogs out the window. phil nodded, pulling him close.

"yeah. i do."

"really really?"

"would i lie?"

dan bit his lip, looking down at phil's arm that was wrapped around his torso. "maybe to protect my feelings."

dan could feel phil's eyes on him. "i'm not lying," he muttered finally. "i promise they'll like you. they're really sweet people at heart. everyone will like you."

dan had been really reluctant when phil had first asked him. going to his house for part of the summer? there was something terrifying about seeing phil's room from when he hadn't known him. and that wasn't even acknowledging the fact that his whole family would be there - not just his parents, his brother and his girlfriend were coming, and all of his cousins, and a few aunts and uncles. it was a full on event that phil had invited him to, and dan refused to believe that he wasn't even a little embarrassed to be seen with him. his anorexic boyfriend who couldn't really look people in the eyes and had random freakouts. they would think he was such a weirdo.

but phil seemed confident, which was reassuring. it made dan happy to think phil really wasn't ashamed of him, and might even be proud.

"thank you," dan mumbled, sighing against his shoulder. phil smiled.

"of course." he reached up, brushing dan's hair out of his eyes. "i love you."

dan's mouth turned up and he bit the inside of his cheek, closing his eyes.