eleven.

1/18/17
115.7 lbs.

dan howell was uncomfortable.

it wasn't her making him uncomfortable- she was being very lovely, actually. he had been surprised when she had texted him and asked him to come over, he hadn't thought she liked him very much.

of course, he thought that of everyone.

but she had offered him tea the second he had gotten there, and taken a seat on her bed, her legs crossed.

dan just didn't like sitting like that, he felt exposed. he would much rather sit with his legs hugged to his chest. that way, no one could see his stomach. he was hidden.

dan shifted, wrapping his arms around himself. it was the next best thing.

katie was talking about something; dan blushed when he realized he had zoned out. she hadn't seemed to notice, though.

"it just... it sucks, you know?" she turned her dark eyes on him. "people are assholes."

dan nodded, taking a sip from the mug he had been handed. "yeah," he said softly, although he had no idea what he was agreeing with. katie nodded curtly.

"so." she reached out, taking his hands. it was so sudden that dan didn't even think to pull away. "i ran into phil in the hall."

dan sighed. i don't care i don't care i don't care. "yeah?" he asked. damn it.

"yeah." she tucked a strand of pink hair behind her ear, studded with black and silver earrings. "he seemed kind of distracted, and on edge."

dan frowned a bit. his phone had buzzed a few minutes earlier, but he hadn't bothered to check it. had it been phil?

don't be ridiculous, why would he even think to text you?

"that's weird."

katie nodded. "yeah, kinda." she squeezed his hands. "he has a game tonight, are you going?"

dan shook his head. "no way. you saw what happened last time i went somewhere."

she rolled her eyes, shaking her head at him. "but that was a party! i don't blame you, it was full of people, but this is a football game. with bleachers and personal space."

dan shrugged, chewing on his lip. she gave him puppy dog eyes.

"please?" she intertwined their fingers, and dan got a whiff of her cherry blossom perfume. "it'll be fun, i promise. and the second you get too uncomfortable, we'll leave. you can come back here and we'll watch movies. promise."

dan hummed, thinking about it. maybe it would be good for him to get out more. that could be a good distraction. lately he had been searching for anything that would get him out of his head.

finally, he nodded.

"fine..."

she beamed, squeezing his hand. "yay! i'll go get my jacket."

dan nodded mutely, watching her push herself off the bed. what had he just gotten himself into?