eighteen.

1/22/17

"oh my god," phil breathed, his fingers scrambling for purchase on dan's waist, his eyes blown out wide. "holy shit holy shit..." he looked around. had anyone seen? surely they would get help if they had... people were starting to turn, notice them, possibly from phil's hissed curses. it came to him that if dan was conscious, he probably wouldn't want all these people looking at him. "someone... get help!"

two days before

phil lester had watched him go with a shocked look on his face. not just at dan, but with himself.

for one thing; had he said something wrong? being pretty was a compliment, at least as far as phil knew... and it was true. he was gorgeous, this wasn't the first time phil had noticed. sure, he had eyes that were a bit dark and sunken in, and he moved as if he were a china doll, controlled by strings pulled taut from somewhere in the clouds, careful not to let his limbs touch for fear of breaking- but phil had chalked it up to stress and lack of sleep. and, for all he knew, that was just how dan was.

but why had he panicked?

phil had sat there, running his hands over his face.

and why had he said that? he had a girlfriend- at least, he thought he did. did he? their whole fight had ended somewhat open ended, phil had really no idea how they had left things. all he knew was that he was starting to see what everyone else did.

he was just so unsure.

as he left the library he took his phone out of his pocket. he had a few missed calls from eva, but that was it. usually with something like this, unless she was giving him the silent treatment, she would call and message him endlessly. the few missed calls were almost eerie- worse than any silent treatment.

phil sighed, shoving his phone back in his pocket. he felt so incredibly pathetic...

he just needed to sort his thoughts out. that was all. he needed time to think. it was crazy how perfect he had thought his life was before dan entered- but he didn't make anything worse. he just shone light on what had been wrong all along.

phil ran his fingers through his hair, making his way back towards his room. did dan not know he was pretty? that thought had hardly even occurred to him- surely someone who looked like that had to know it.

"hey," liam muttered when phil came in, closing the door a bit too hard. "eva came by for you."

phil flinched, sitting down on his bed. he could feel liam's eyes on him but he avoided his gaze.

"you confuse me, man," he said after a bit, shaking his head. "i mean, you've got this really bitchy hot chick that anyone would kill to have, and it seems like you know that, but you're still so... unfulfilled." phil could feel him smirking. "i wonder why."

phil looked up, frowning a bit. "don't say that stuff."

"why not?"

phil shrugged, crossing his arms, more for comfort than to act angry. "it's not very nice."

liam sighed audibly, running his fingers through his messy hair. "dude, once in awhile, you need to get over it. sometimes being mean is just being honest."