seventeen

Joy Division
••• Atmosphere •••

walk in silence,don't turn away in silence,your confusion, my illusion,worn like a mask of self-hate,confronts and then dies,don't walk away

walk in silence,
don't turn away in silence,
your confusion, my illusion,
worn like a mask of self-hate,
confronts and then dies,
don't walk away

•••••

hello welcome back this chapter physically murdered me and i am nothing more than a spectre writing from beyond the grave

this chapter's for my marvel girlies

  Before Lloyd could even think to pull me into the monastery for a tour 2.0, the surface of the pond before us rippled and rose into a serpentine-like tube, before shooting out and wrapping around his waist.

  "Uh," I said, looking down at the rope of water.

  Lloyd just had enough time to follow my gaze before he was yanked back into the pond. I gasped at the suddenness as he skimmed across the surface, unsure whether to be terrified or laugh. I settled on a choked, stunned giggle.

  Lloyd surfaced with a yell and furious red eyes. They were directed beside me, where the ninja of water had appeared out of thin air. I startled at her soundless arrival and placed a hand over my heart to calm it.

  Ninja. They were going to give me a heart attack one of these days.

  "Nya!" Lloyd shouted as he began to swim back to the grassy shore with snarling, gritted teeth. "Come on!"

  "You're an actual idiot!" Nya snapped back, her fury a living thing. "Do you know what kind of danger you could've put her in? It's not like your bike is exactly inconspicuous, genius!"

  I glanced between the two ninja masters as I slowly slipped my bike jacket off. I didn't know Nya well, but I sure now knew never to get on her bad side. Her angry face was terrifying.

  "Oh, lighten up," Lloyd grumbled as he pulled himself out of the lake with a cascade of water. He knelt upright and squeezed his shirt. "It's not as if we've never taken people on our bikes before."

  "Yeah, and every time that happens, scandals break out, too," Nya hissed with a poke to his chest. "But this time there wasn't an attack to excuse it!"

  Lloyd sighed heavily. "Nya, please, we just got back-"

  "Don't pick on me for playing leader when you're the one slacking," Nya cut him off with a scowl. "I love that you're happy and everything, but really, Lloyd, you gotta remember who you are."